Is that nutrient deficiency or burn?

• Thread starter russiangrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

russiangrows

Hi, this is my third attempt to grow some clones. Other two died in less than a week... I got some Dosi clones 3 days ago and put them into DIY bucket system.
Is that nutrient deficiency or burn
Is that nutrient deficiency or burn 2
Is that nutrient deficiency or burn 3
They came in a nice rockwool that I put on top of some clay pebbles and cover with more. I have two pumps, with two air-stones for each plant(can't be too much O2, right?) The water level is high right now, touching the bottom of net pod and pebbles, creating bubbles. When I got the clones, roots on both of them just sprouted through the wool. The rockwool if wet to touch, bu top clay layer is dry, I moist it few times a day, so they wont suck out the goods from rock wool. Water temp is 72-74. I try to keep the room temp is 72-75F range, and humidity around 50-60%. I'll provide the log below. Right know my plants are under 400w dimmed to 250w MH light with constant air exhaust(inline fan) running. Plants are 38 and 40 inch away from the light(assuming they are not ready yet). Also, there is a little humidifier next to plants, I feel it few times a day with RO water. The reservoir is about 2 gal, water is RO as well, with a bit of different nutes(details bellow). The ph is stabilized so far, around 6, with ppm around 200(details below). So it's been 3 days, light, fan, pump, and humidifier run 24/7. I started noticing leaves getting a bit darker and, in the same time, having yellowish edges. I cant figure out what that is, since it looks like Nitro/Copper deficiency or Heat stress, or light too close...
FLORA3 - 1ml/ea
CalMG - 0.5ml
Root Started by GH - 0.5ml
Hydroguard - 2ml
GH Floralicious - 5 drops(about 1/4ml)
DAY 1:
Added all nutes + PH Down
PH: 5.89 PPM: 172
DAY 2:
2:45pm
PH: 6.86 PPM: 196
added PH Down ->
PH: 5.5 PPM: 195-198

2:45am
PH: 6.00 PPM: 196

Tent. temp: 71-75˚F
Humidity: 53-68%
Water temp - 72˚F

DAY 3:
2:45pm
PH: 6.07 PPM: 197

Tent. temp: 71-75˚F
Avg. temp - 74˚F
Humidity: 45-84% (no idea when it was 84, no for long thou; 45 is when I open the tent)
Avg. Humidity - 55%
Water temp - 74˚F

Is that nutrient deficiency or burn 4
Is that nutrient deficiency or burn 5
Is that nutrient deficiency or burn 6
Is that nutrient deficiency or burn 7
Is that nutrient deficiency or burn 8
Is that nutrient deficiency or burn 9
Is that nutrient deficiency or burn 10
Is that nutrient deficiency or burn 11

R

russiangrows

This may help you
Thanks for reply, but I already have this thing printed out next to other useful stuff, like temps, feeding schedule, and so on... The problem is I don't have enough experience to tell the difference between heat stress and nitrogen deficiency for example. It's a really early stage of something if it's not just plant eating itself to grow roots. That's why I attached a lot of pictures, so hopefully someone can help me identify the problem. More than that I watched some videos about nitrogen deficiency, and symptoms are kinda close to nitrogen toxicity.... So if I would just try doing something, I'm afraid to make it only worse.

R

russiangrows

Please help! I changed water in my reservoir. Added nutes, ppm was 350, after 12+ hours it dropped to 330. I got my light closer(21-22" from plants) and a added oscillating fan. My PH meter broke that night, so I'm waiting for new one and had to use reagent :( Here are pics, please help. It looks like one plant suffering more than the other one, thou they are clones from one mother...
P.S. I'm still waiting for roots to pop through the net pod, but it's clear so far.
P.S.S. If nobody will reply I will try to add just RO water with no nutes in case it's nutrient burn...

DSC 0031 copy
DSC 0032 copy
DSC 0033 copy
DSC 0034 copy
DSC 0035 copy
DSC 0036 copy
DSC 0037 copy
DSC 0038 copy
DSC 0039 copy
DSC 0045 copy
m8ty

m8ty

Please help! I changed water in my reservoir. Added nutes, ppm was 350, after 12+ hours it dropped to 330. I got my light closer(21-22" from plants) and a added oscillating fan. My PH meter broke that night, so I'm waiting for new one and had to use reagent :( Here are pics, please help. It looks like one plant suffering more than the other one, thou they are clones from one mother...
P.S. I'm still waiting for roots to pop through the net pod, but it's clear so far.
P.S.S. If nobody will reply I will try to add just RO water with no nutes in case it's nutrient burn...

that looks like tip burn. Do you see any gnats flying around your plants?

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks like PH swings and possibly root issues your going from 5.5 to 6.0 in one day (not good). Lower your water to 1 " below the net pot and place air stones directly below the net pots. Get your PH to about 5.6. I am assuming you are getting PH swings due to lack of buffering, add 1/2 tsp per 5 gal of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) to start with then add nutes then PH down. This should help stabilize your PH. You don't want more than 0.2 PH change in 24hrs. Raise your light back up and raise you tent temps (if HID lighting to about 75F) (with LED lighting 80-82F) Get you RH stable at 60-70% for this stage, once the root hit the water 60% would be ideal.

Top feed 1 cup of res water a day until the root hit the water.

As for nutrients you want about 150-200ppm of nutrients, this is over and above the sodium bicarbonate you are adding to buffer the RO water.

Turn that fan off until they get roots going. Its causing forced evaporation from the leaves that the roots cannot support. Thats why you need higher humidity until you get roots in the water.

Pics of the root pls.

Last edited:
Top Bottom