Is this a some kind of deficiency?

• Thread starter Bib4tuna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

These plants were thrown into flowering 12 days ago. I used fox farm ocean forest mix soil to start off with & flipped them while small so most ppl.I talked to said I didnt need to feed for veg stage. I read you should start feeding flowering plants during wk.2 of flowering but most of biggest vegetation on plant is either really dry or dying. Is this some kind of deficiency & if so I do have a blooming food I can feed them. Here's a few pics,they're not the greatest.

Is this a some kind of deficiency
Is this a some kind of deficiency 2
Is this a some kind of deficiency 3
Is this a some kind of deficiency 4
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yea your advice given was very wrong.
Most souls have enough to support about 4 weeks of active plant growth. Usually some supplement this veg cycle with a wee bit of veg food.
At flip u need to keep feeding veg along with bloom nutrients.
At about week 3-4 when bids start popping and forming, you would cut back veg and increase bloom feeds taking note that a higher P number in the NPK ratios. Phosphorus expands roots, and helps maintain good plant vigor during the stage that uses everything the leaves have stored and soil can give.
so absent of feeding, you may have a massive deficiencies and or lock out.
pics are hard to tell from. But I would try a course correcting method via adding some veg, more bloom feedings for a few weeks. And hoping she recovers , she also needs macro nutrients. Your local grow shop has them I hope. But any line would be ok. ofcourse organic is better but since she is potentially starving , go synthetic and it’s readily available, follow mfg guidelines on feeding and let’s hope she recovers

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Move lights up to help recover the tops as she is drying out it can be a bit too much light not enough food to sustain it

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Move lights up to help recover the tops as she is drying out it can be a bit too much light not enough food to sustain it
Thx for all the info,will do! At the moment I have GH part B which is 1-5-4 also some mag.,sul.,& something called molybdenum. Made the mistake of not buying part A thinking part B was for flowering & A was for veg but when I read label I realized it was 2 part system. I'll be picking up the part A. I'll have to look into getting macronutrients as well.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Yea your advice given was very wrong.
Most souls have enough to support about 4 weeks of active plant growth. Usually some supplement this veg cycle with a wee bit of veg food.
At flip u need to keep feeding veg along with bloom nutrients.
At about week 3-4 when bids start popping and forming, you would cut back veg and increase bloom feeds taking note that a higher P number in the NPK ratios. Phosphorus expands roots, and helps maintain good plant vigor during the stage that uses everything the leaves have stored and soil can give.
so absent of feeding, you may have a massive deficiencies and or lock out.
pics are hard to tell from. But I would try a course correcting method via adding some veg, more bloom feedings for a few weeks. And hoping she recovers , she also needs macro nutrients. Your local grow shop has them I hope. But any line would be ok. ofcourse organic is better but since she is potentially starving , go synthetic and it’s readily available, follow mfg guidelines on feeding and let’s hope she recovers
As I had mentioned the ratio on the part B is 1 tsp. equal to 1-5-4. Label says to use 2 tsp.for mild bloom tho I know this isnt specific to cannabis. Someone told me to use a 1/3 of that then slowly increase to that amount. Being that they're so starved should I start out with a lil more than a tsp.or is that just increasing the risk of lock out you mentioned?

Latest posts

Top Bottom