Is This Ruderalis? Very Early Flowering

• Thread starter adam1adam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
adam1adam

adam1adam

I picked up this plant from a local roadside nursery for $2. It was only about a foot tall at the time but had already started flowering. After being in a larger pot with better conditions for 1 month, the plant has grown significantly and seems to be stretching, while bud growth is quite slow. I defoliated 2 days ago and the plant is still super healthy and growing quickly. I'm a newbie, and not sure what variety of cannabis this is. Perhaps someone can tell from the photos? And will the buds that started growing super early continue to do well if the rest of the plant seems to be catching up? TIA!

Is this ruderalis very early flowering
Is this ruderalis very early flowering 2
Is this ruderalis very early flowering 3
Is this ruderalis very early flowering 4
Is this ruderalis very early flowering 5
adam1adam

adam1adam

If I had to guess I'd say this plant is probably 3 months old, if that helps make a determination of what type of plant it is

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Reveg for sure those buds will fall off eventually. Get rid of the mirrors they absorb light.

And underlighting is not needed as from what I know the underside of leafs don't take in light.

Besides that it looks healthy. So good job just be patient when the season changes it will do it's thing again

adam1adam

adam1adam

Reveg for sure those buds will fall off eventually. Get rid of the mirrors they absorb light.

And underlighting is not needed as from what I know the underside of leafs don't take in light.

Besides that it looks healthy. So good job just be patient when the season changes it will do it's thing again

Thanks for your reply!

I got rid of the mirrors after an hour or so when I realized it was a stupid idea. I'm located in S.E. Asia and we're entering the HOT season now and temps get up to 110° with very high humidity. I do my best to keep them out of the intense afternoon heat and benefit as much from the morning sun as possible, but the heat is pretty oppressive. Nothing I can do about that though. Based on those pics do you think its Ruderalis or possibly Sativa? I haven't a clue.... It was super short when I got it and was already flowering.

adam1adam

adam1adam

Seasonal changes aren't really the same here. It's always very hot, and now entering the CRAZY HOT season, then the monsoon season starting in July. Not sure what to expect now that its revegging apparently...

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Not ruderalis 100% you can't reveg an auto.

If your summer season just started (I'm in canada) your basically just starting till fall when it will bud for (just guessing ) 8-10 weeks or more plus 8 weeks of summer. Just keep doing what your doing.

I may live in canada but hot a humid we know here. I say this as it's -3 C right now and beautiful. Good luck

adam1adam

adam1adam

Your advice is much appreciated 🙏. Patience is a virtue. I'll keep her healthy and strong and hope for the best. Thanks again!

Not ruderalis 100% you can't reveg an auto.

If your summer season just started (I'm in canada) your basically just starting till fall when it will bud for (just guessing ) 8-10 weeks or more plus 8 weeks of summer. Just keep doing what your doing.

I may live in canada but hot a humid we know here. I say this as it's -3 C right now and beautiful. Good luck

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

It looks like "ditch weed" that had it's light cycle screwed up. Don't waste your time. It almost has a Haze look to it, but you won't get yield, potency, or any resemblance to a dance anything.
Sorry bro

adam1adam

adam1adam

It looks like "ditch weed" that had it's light cycle screwed up. Don't waste your time. It almost has a Haze look to it, but you won't get yield, potency, or any resemblance to a dance anything.
Sorry bro

Well, I certainly hope it's not ditch weed, but I guess time will tell. I only paid $2 for the already flowering plant, and am growing just the one plant purely for fun as I don't smoke anymore, so no biggie if it's a dud. It's still a hell of a lot of fun to grow and gives me something to do 😁 Thanks a lot for your insight!🙏

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
That's not true. Yes it looks like shit ditch weed, but I had some schwag looking stuff that was fire.

Every plant looks fuked up reveging and the process can take loads of time.

I don't think you should scrap it. Sounds like your a fairly new gardener and this grow will be about learning and if you fail at least you can learn from your mistakes....

You really didn't want to spend 100$ on seeds to learn how to grow or if you even can.

Like I said be patient take care of her you might be surprised and its at the start of your growing season then your actually ahead instead of starting from scratch now!

Just my opinion can't say it's the right advise just what I'd do

adam1adam

adam1adam

That's not true. Yes it looks like shit ditch weed, but I had some schwag looking stuff that was fire.

Every plant looks fuked up reveging and the process can take loads of time.

I don't think you should scrap it. Sounds like your a fairly new gardener and this grow will be about learning and if you fail at least you can learn from your mistakes....

You really didn't want to spend 100$ on seeds to learn how to grow or if you even can.

Like I said be patient take care of her you might be surprised and its at the start of your growing season then your actually ahead instead of starting from scratch now!

Just my opinion can't say it's the right advise just what I'd do

Well said. Yes, I'm definitely learning a lot as I go and will be sure not to make the same mistakes twice. I bought the thing already flowering for $2 just to have a hobby, and boy is it a lot of fun to take care of. I'll keep doing what I've been doing, hope for the best and enjoy watching and learning as it goes. Thanks again!!

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

You might get high, but sorry to say, it's not worth the dirt it's being grown in.
If it's revegging, as I suspect, it's going to take a while to finish. When a plant is in reveg, or even being "monster cropped" IF it's going to be potent, you'd see trics.
Even dirt bag seed can produce, ya never know until ya do it. What you have there is a $2 donation to a guy on the side of the road.
I really don't want to come back as a know it all, but I've been doing this a very long time. Let it finish if ya want. Do whatever you'd like. Again, sorry to say, that's not going to do much of anything

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Well said. Yes, I'm definitely learning a lot as I go and will be sure not to make the same mistakes twice. I bought the thing already flowering for $2 just to have a hobby, and boy is it a lot of fun to take care of. I'll keep doing what I've been doing, hope for the best and enjoy watching and learning as it goes. Thanks again!!
If you enjoy it, that's great, and that's what csn make you a great grower. Keep reading, experimenting. You'll have set back, snd surprises. Growing isn't for everyone, but if you have the patience, and don't mind reading, watching vids, and learning from others, the sky is the limit.
I'm even weary of buying seeds from any co, or bank. All my strains have been bred to my specifications. I will only use my genetics. That doesn't come over night. It's years, and years of study, although nothing beats experience

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
What happened most likely is someone started to early and put outside before the increase in sunlight. I know loads of ppl who swear by monster cropping although it's not for me. But I'd never advise a brand new grower to spend a tonne on fire genetics only to have numerous problems and set backs and failure.

For a first grow grow bag seed that way if you lose it (most likely) or stunt it a stop growth altogether bag seed is much easier to swallow a loss from, plus with low expectations you might be surprised instead of disappointed. My first grow was so far from even being good but losing a few bag seeds made it easier to stay in the game, lose a 250$ on seeds who knows.

Purely advise for a new grower because with experience genetics make all the difference.

Top Bottom