Is winterizing my Everclear RSO a mistake?

• Thread starter JTsTHCfarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JTsTHCfarm

JTsTHCfarm

I use Everclear in a magic butter maker with decarboxylated flower for eight hours at 160° F. I then filter through a 190 Micron, than a 90 micron. Then a coffee filter. I put in the sun for a couple days to remove chlorophyll. Then I freeze for 48 hours and filter again through coffee filters. The coffee filters after winterization are completely black. I am worried that I am removing usable oil by winterizing as a final step before my evaporation process. Can anyone put my mind at ease?

Is winterizing my everclear rso a mistake
extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

It depends on your final goal?
Winterizing it will certainly make it more potent… there does appear to be quite a bit of mass undesirables, I’d winterize the undesirables again (normally Winterization can remove about 5% of the cannabinoid oil that gets caught up with the undesirable mass, Of lipids-fats waxes, spent chlorophyll, etc.
Also the sun should dissipate the green chlorophyll in 20-30 min Leaving behind spent chlorophyll mass.
At least is does for me when I make Freezer wash, which I hardly ever do.
Because I only make oil for vaping, so I use the QWET method at a minimum of -45°, I prefer operon -55 to -60f. Soak for 25 minutes starting at three or four times and immediately draining and 50 to 75 µm bubble bag the whole time keeping the herb and ethanol cold cold cold 25 minutes soak should be done inside the cooler with the dry ice on top… on a screen or a rack sense at sub liminates down…nice gold oil. Absolutely no winterization neededmost importantly super cold temperature was cut

Article:
June 28, 2017
CANNABIS OIL QWET EXTRACTION BATTLE OF THE WASH: DRY ICE VS. FREEZER

JTsTHCfarm

JTsTHCfarm

It depends on your final goal?
Winterizing it will certainly make it more potent… there does appear to be quite a bit of mass undesirables, I’d winterize the undesirables again (normally Winterization can remove about 5% of the cannabinoid oil that gets caught up with the undesirable mass, Of lipids-fats waxes, spent chlorophyll, etc.
Also the sun should dissipate the green chlorophyll in 20-30 min Leaving behind spent chlorophyll mass.
At least is does for me when I make Freezer wash, which I hardly ever do.
Because I only make oil for vaping, so I use the QWET method at a minimum of -45°, I prefer operon -55 to -60f. Soak for 25 minutes starting at three or four times and immediately draining and 50 to 75 µm bubble bag the whole time keeping the herb and ethanol cold cold cold 25 minutes soak should be done inside the cooler with the dry ice on top… on a screen or a rack sense at sub liminates down…nice gold oil. Absolutely no winterization neededmost importantly super cold temperature was cut

Article:
June 28, 2017
CANNABIS OIL QWET EXTRACTION BATTLE OF THE WASH: DRY ICE VS. FREEZER

My final goal is to use the oil for gummy bears or Cana capsules, basically eatables. I wonder if I wash the filter through with clean cold alcohol, will that give me back some of that 5% loss?

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

I guess if u re-winterize the undesirables depending on how much u have you could probably pick back up some Cannabinoid. (I have seen it done by professionals ) I just throw it away, all fat and waxes etc. Running large quantities might be different, but I don’t use that much herb 2-4 Oz max.

Never made gummies, but if I did I’d probably use the freezer method & winterize. Use 25u brown coffee filter & call it a day.
We’ll still have to evap. !

( I use gelatin capsules with 2-3 rice grains worth of oil & mixed in the capsule some peanut butter or coconut oil
using a toothpick )!!!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
freeze the oil in 1-2 gm silicone containers when ready pop out and swallow..

Top Bottom