just want some fellow professional feedback/findings

• Thread starter kcgrassroots
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kcgrassroots

kcgrassroots

HEY!! I am currently working in the medical cannabis field, we are constantly doing research to find new products, ideas, and information. I would love to hear anything anyone has on further mold detection other than, trimmers scouting while trimming, and/or straight testing (which is pretty pricey at times). I have been researching for a kind of detection light of some kind, if that kind of thing even exists.??. We have experimented with UVC lights and the findings come out different everytime, so there seems to be no real basis on if it is or isnt effective at all. Anyone with any knowledge or ideas wanna share?

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

I'm not a pro...but it's my understanding that uvc is useful for killing certain kinds of bacterias, molds, and fungii...supposed to be really damaging...perhaps useful as a treatment more than for detection...

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I'm not a pro...but it's my understanding that uvc is useful for killing certain kinds of bacterias, molds, and fungii...supposed to be really damaging...perhaps useful as a treatment more than for detection...

This topic has come up in this forum before. UVC will also kill the plants if done incorrectly. I'm not a professional and I don't intend to introduce short-wave radiation into my grow tent. I am interested in hearing more about this ... We used UVC sterilization of laboratory glassware after autoclaving it when I was in college.

THCMonster

THCMonster

HEY!! I am currently working in the medical cannabis field, we are constantly doing research to find new products, ideas, and information. I would love to hear anything anyone has on further mold detection other than, trimmers scouting while trimming, and/or straight testing (which is pretty pricey at times). I have been researching for a kind of detection light of some kind, if that kind of thing even exists.??. We have experimented with UVC lights and the findings come out different everytime, so there seems to be no real basis on if it is or isnt effective at all. Anyone with any knowledge or ideas wanna share?

Oh dude your screwed, no one on here is a professional! 😂😏 jk jk

Manitobro

Manitobro

I have seen thermal imaging used by home inspectors to detect mold. I'm not sure how this would be work for mold on plants compared to mold in a wall, it could be worth exploring. The plants and mold may give off too simmilar of heat signature. UVC light may kill mold as has been previously stated but I don't really see how it would be used for detectio although I could see Powdery Mildew or other white molds showing up very obviously under a black light.

THCMonster

THCMonster

Just get a handheld blacklight!

Thats why the microscopes we sell at my Hydro store have little blacklight LEDs on them, so if you have mold you can detect it! It shines bright white under blacklight!

Last edited:
Growing_Garbage

Growing_Garbage

+1 on a blacklight. Would also say I have one tube blacklight hanging in the flower tent that I use like every month(or said i would) to make sure I'm not getting it during the grow, more so than after harvest. It does shine white

kcgrassroots

kcgrassroots

This topic has come up in this forum before. UVC will also kill the plants if done incorrectly. I'm not a professional and I don't intend to introduce short-wave radiation into my grow tent. I am interested in hearing more about this ... We used UVC sterilization of laboratory glassware after autoclaving it when I was in college.
never done during grow!!

kcgrassroots

kcgrassroots

I have seen thermal imaging used by home inspectors to detect mold. I'm not sure how this would be work for mold on plants compared to mold in a wall, it could be worth exploring. The plants and mold may give off too simmilar of heat signature. UVC light may kill mold as has been previously stated but I don't really see how it would be used for detectio although I could see Powdery Mildew or other white molds showing up very obviously under a black light.

I looked into the thermal imaging cameras.. like you said i don't know how practical that would be in the setting i will be needing it for..

Top Bottom