leaf damage on indoor grow

• Thread starter goldenboy_
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
goldenboy_

goldenboy_

Hi everyone,
I am getting a little bit of leaf damage. It looks like an insect has had a chew but I cant find the culprit and it is in an area that is clean and pest free. Could the leaves be burnt by my LEDs being to close?
I am running 2 x viparspectra v300's in a small tent, growing from seeds in soil. First ever grow. Everything looking good so far with the exception of the leaf damage in photo I have uploaded.

Leaf damage on indoor grow
quirk

quirk

Not heat or light stress. Am I seeing things or is that a caterpillar actively gnawing near the top of your circle?
At lights out I use this black light to inspect my plants for pests. They fluoresce beautifully.

DSCN3374
goldenboy_

goldenboy_

haha no you are seeing things, just the angle of the camera on the leaf making that look like a caterpillar. That would be a bit embarrassing.
The leaf damage hasn't increase in the last 2 days since I took that photo and im not sure the leaf was fine to begin with, maybe just mutation?
The only bugs I have seen in my tent are a couple of tiny fly looking things, smaller than an ant. There has only been a couple of those and I usually kill them on sight.
I will pick up a little black light like that If I can find one.
Thanks.

Top Bottom