Little advice on a coco run to waste setup please

• Thread starter StealthLED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StealthLED

StealthLED

Hi all. I will be setting up a coco run to waste setup next month and would like a little advice on pot size and spacing. Normally I grow with about 1mx1m per plant and veg until this is just about full. I'd like to cut my veg time down to around 3-4 weeks. The grow space is 11'5ftx3'9ft so would I put maybe a row of 5 plants in this? or 2 rows of 4 plants so 8 in total? Also I don't know what pot size I'd need with a 3-4 week veg then 8-10 weeks flower...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Depends how often you want to feed. I do a 3-4 week veg and flower in 1 gallon fabric pots of straight coco and feed up to 4 or 5 times a day. In your space I'd probably do 2 rows of 5 plants, 10 total in 1 gal pots, but you could use 2 gal pots and feed them a bit less often, like 2-3 times a day.

StealthLED

StealthLED

Depends how often you want to feed. I do a 3-4 week veg and flower in 1 gallon fabric pots of straight coco and feed up to 4 or 5 times a day. In your space I'd probably do 2 rows of 5 plants, 10 total in 1 gal pots, but you could use 2 gal pots and feed them a bit less often, like 2-3 times a day.
Cheers mate. I don't mind how often they feed because I'll have a timer set to do the feeds just incase I'm working away 👍🏼

StealthLED

StealthLED

Drip to waste all set up now but I under estimated on veg time, will this be a problem? I had the plants in 1lt fabric pots for 3/4 weeks (did have some problems with deficiencys so this slowed them down) yesterday I potted them into 1 gallon fabric pots and I'm estimating another 2 weeks until they are ready for flowering, not sure if this will cause a problem never used small fabric pots before. I was expecting crazy roots like I get with plastic 1lt pots when I potted up this weekend but root growth wasn't that bad tbh guess this is something to do with air pruning...

IMG 20201207 204659
IMG 20201207 204708
StealthLED

StealthLED

With multiple feeds do you also water when lights are off? Looking at this chart for 12 hour that works out to water when lights are off?

Screenshot 20201222 182606 comandroidgallery3d
Top Bottom