Live/sterile Nute Change Out

• Thread starter JohnnyRey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JohnnyRey

Okay guys a couple of questions hear regarding live and sterile res's and the changeouts.
I was on the phone with CC about a week ago and I asked them how often should I change out my nutes they told me 14-21 days then I read somewhere else on their site 21-28 days NOW when I'm thinking 14-21 days my girls start dropping their ppms at like day 4 of the new nute change out, if i take cc's recommendation and add back with clean water till 14-21 days my ppm will be low as shit leaving my girls hungry and possibly giving them defiencies. I regularly change out weekly when I used to run live, but this is my first time switching to sterile, dont know if its the right switch or not but I wanted to test it out myself since I've never ran it sterile and alot of people like sterile. ALSO i am using CS nutes.
So as for the questions
1. Live/Sterile users, do you do weekly nute change outs, biweekly, monthly, yearly, or even never and please state whether you are live or sterile. If live, can you please state your bennies as well.
2. CS nutrients users, any tips would be wonderful as it is my first time jumping over to sterile and CS nutes.

Genesis

Genesis

I'm sterile and only use the CC basic line. Veg A+B, Bloom A+B, Mid booster and UC Roots. I change out every 3 weeks. I've gone longer but I've found EC/Ph irregularities if I try to go too long with some strains (Depends how much they are drinking, AKA changing the stuff out themselves :)

J

JohnnyRey

I'm sterile and only use the CC basic line. Veg A+B, Bloom A+B, Mid booster and UC Roots. I change out every 3 weeks. I've gone longer but I've found EC/Ph irregularities if I try to go too long with some strains (Depends how much they are drinking, AKA changing the stuff out themselves :)
Thank you, how many ml's of the UC roots do you use? Have you ever tried the early and late boosters?

Genesis

Genesis

Thank you, how many ml's of the UC roots do you use? Have you ever tried the early and late boosters?

No I have not and I don't plan on it. I am currently switching to just GH MaxiBloom at 5 grams/gallon through the whole veg and flower cycle - that is it. I used to use just FloraNova Bloom by GH when I first started single bucket DWC.

I don't like buying a whole lot of different bottles and juices. At first CC was pretty simple then they started releasing more products and it adds up. If I can come within 10% or so of yield using one GH product then I will have accomplished my goal. I will continue to use CS Roots however as that stuff is awesome and keeps roots white.

Generally my usage for UC roots is as follows:

Rooting - 4 ml/gal
Veg - 2 ml/gal
Flower 2ml or 1ml/gal depending on how white I want the roots to look

I add UC roots 2x a week.

J

JohnnyRey

No I have not and I don't plan on it. I am currently switching to just GH MaxiBloom at 5 grams/gallon through the whole veg and flower cycle - that is it. I used to use just FloraNova Bloom by GH when I first started single bucket DWC.

I don't like buying a whole lot of different bottles and juices. At first CC was pretty simple then they started releasing more products and it adds up. If I can come within 10% or so of yield using one GH product then I will have accomplished my goal. I will continue to use CS Roots however as that stuff is awesome and keeps roots white.

Generally my usage for UC roots is as follows:

Rooting - 4 ml/gal
Veg - 2 ml/gal
Flower 2ml or 1ml/gal depending on how white I want the roots to look

I add UC roots 2x a week.
When you say you add UC roots 2x a week? Exactly what does that mean, do you add 2ml a gallon 2x a week without doing a nutrient change out?

J

JohnnyRey

What I mean by my above questions is do you add 2ml a gallon for the entire system, 2 times a week without a nutrient change out?

Genesis

Genesis

If it's a full water/nute changeout then add the 2ml/gallon again, FYI. You should crush it man, just follow the basic chart and keep with the PPM's exactly. How many gallons is your system and how much air you got going pumping?

J

JohnnyRey

If it's a full water/nute changeout then add the 2ml/gallon again, FYI. You should crush it man, just follow the basic chart and keep with the PPM's exactly. How many gallons is your system and how much air you got going pumping?
Haha i Really hope so bro. About 90 gallons in the system pumping 85l air.

Top Bottom