max amount of times you should top? what if I top every bud site?

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

just wondering if theres too much topping?

I topped once at the 5th node (will probably top these again), and then I topped the 2 shoots that came off the 4th and the 2 shoots that came off the 3rd nodes. what If I were to keep topping each new shoot?

also, on my 3rd and 4th shoot... It seems like I didnt top the first change I got.. I topped the 3rd node of my 3rd node actually. I topped 3c and 4c it seems like.

is there any training/bending that should be done as im doing this?

thanks

CF89

CF89

im super high and feel like I didnt explain it very good. hopefully this helps:

sambapati

sambapati

im super high and feel like I didnt explain it very good. hopefully this helps:

Advise you bend down the ones closest to the edges with green garden soft wire now, other wise it will be hard for the buds to find sunlight in the cramped quarters. You need to open up the plant by tying it up. Lots of examples of farmers doing it on this site or YT. I don't think it needs to be cut anymore at the moment. We've got conclusive data that show defoliation hurts yield, so there is that on the 'science' side. Great you got this account open because you'll get advice. Nicely done so far, now some serious training and probably bigger pot same scheme as before no changes.

growsince79

growsince79

I would worry more about that bug infestation. Wait until the plants are healthy before you do anything.

CF89

CF89

yeah I gave it another spray with soap water this afternoon and will hit em again tonight. not gonna lie, I still saw a couple flying fkers in there still!!! ugh.

I will do a little training to this plant as well as topping. does this count as defoliation? just curious why youd mention that?

Top Bottom