Memoir To A Transkei Dream

• Thread starter HeidisGrace
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HeidisGrace

HeidisGrace

I was given some Transkei origin seeds and my dream was to breed a couple of hybrid strains for my personal apothecary. I was into my second season with my mother plant and I was given some stud from a Transkei heirloom plant. I cultivated a lot of seed from this union and I wanted to cross with other mothers that I had on standby. Long story short, I fell on hard times and I lost my entire crop, F1s, clones and all. Fortunately the owner of the stud has some of those F1s banked and I have a few more Transkei origin seeds from the same batch as my mother.
My landlord is opposed to having plants or plant material on his property, so my project going forward will be undertaken at the house of a friend. There is no reason why I can't continue the project slowly and surely going forward. This time, I am likely going to do a soil grow but my previous grows were coco perlite mix. I've seen a good video on how to make soil bacteria, so I will be experimenting with plants in the ground and soil food. I will be popping some pips in a few weeks time as summer is fast approaching. I am going to be learning as I go along. I guess my first job would be to grow some males from F1s to use their pollen to fertilize the sisters of my first mother, and try to get some more of the first stud for the growing and comparing and then make records of process and findings. I don't know if I am on the right track with that, so advice would be welcome please.
I want to honor my previous grow for all the joy it gave me. Here goes!

Memoir to a transkei dream
Dsc 7708 edit
Dsc 7824 edit
Dsc 7853 edit
Dsc 7894 edit
Dsc 8456 edit
Dsc 8513 editrs
Dsc 8716 edit
Dsc 8720 edit
Dsc 8867 edit
Dsc 8893 edit
Dsc 8967 edit
Dsc 8995 edit
Dsc 9001 edit
Itman

Itman

I was given some Transkei origin seeds and my dream was to breed a couple of hybrid strains for my personal apothecary. I was into my second season with my mother plant and I was given some stud from a Transkei heirloom plant. I cultivated a lot of seed from this union and I wanted to cross with other mothers that I had on standby. Long story short, I fell on hard times and I lost my entire crop, F1s, clones and all. Fortunately the owner of the stud has some of those F1s banked and I have a few more Transkei origin seeds from the same batch as my mother.
My landlord is opposed to having plants or plant material on his property, so my project going forward will be undertaken at the house of a friend. There is no reason why I can't continue the project slowly and surely going forward. This time, I am likely going to do a soil grow but my previous grows were coco perlite mix. I've seen a good video on how to make soil bacteria, so I will be experimenting with plants in the ground and soil food. I will be popping some pips in a few weeks time as summer is fast approaching. I am going to be learning as I go along. I guess my first job would be to grow some males from F1s to use their pollen to fertilize the sisters of my first mother, and try to get some more of the first stud for the growing and comparing and then make records of process and findings. I don't know if I am on the right track with that, so advice would be welcome please.
I want to honor my previous grow for all the joy it gave me. Here goes!
How are you going with your Transkei trip??

Top Bottom