Minimal supplies for mixing nutrients

• Thread starter weedtech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
Growing in coco, you need to have a repeatable method that is easy enough to scale as the grow progresses. Starting out, it may be once every day or so. Once you get rocking, you need to water more often - 2 to 3 times a day-period to keep the medium in a good place. I've found a method that works for me that has been very cost effective.

5-gallon buckets from Walmart

Minimal supplies for mixing nutrients

The ph meter clips right on the side at the proper depth. The stainless steel stir paddle is also Walmart - actually a hamburger spatula for gigantic barbecues. I use the paddle to stir after each component addition and continuous when I add the ph UP ( my water comes in at ph 5.4 ) to dial it in to perfect. The soy bottles are very helpful to get it just so.

Minimal supplies for mixing nutrients 2

I really favor these soy sauce bottles for adding the ph adjustment, while I stir to dial it in.

Minimal supplies for mixing nutrients 3

I really advise getting a couple of good graduated cylinders for measuring nutrients. They are cheap and will actually save money by helping with accurate measurement.

Minimal supplies for mixing nutrients 4

The blue stick is more than adequate for checking the EC levels. Most folks get way wrapped up in trying to be super accurate, when that is fine as a ballpark measurement. The two mason jars have the ph calibration solutions - And that should be done at least every couple of weeks. Getting accurate ph readings is a big deal.

Once mixed - I put the solution in Arizona Tea jugs ( a convenient gallon size ) being careful to fill as much as I can - to eliminate air in the jug. Leaving air at the top will cause the solution to react and turn bad within a day or two. This is only a problem early on - once in flower, they don't sit long. I've found mixing 8-9 gallons at a time is usually enough for 6 plants for a day,

Minimal supplies for mixing nutrients 5
Minimal supplies for mixing nutrients 6
Minimal supplies for mixing nutrients 7

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
I'd be interested to see what others do in their gardens.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
40 gal trash cans on rollers and salts. Mix nutes. Fill rez. Timer does the rest of the work.

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
@cemchris What sort of emitters do you use, if any?

Top Bottom