Mites in flower rooms week 6/7

• Thread starter Johnnyp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Avid, azamax and a mych stronger chemical suspend sc for outside walls of space/house/whatever your growing in but don’t use suspend inside unless your starting fresh with no plants. Then you can spray wait a day then bring plants in. But really I’ve never found anything that for sure take em away just reduces population. The best way is preventative. Before an infestation.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Sorry to hear that. You can try a super powerful shop vac, as I've seen others use that.
I've been very careful, and fortunate. I guess if that happened to me, it would all go to wax

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Plant therapy,

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

How many weeks does this strain run? Even if you killed them all using the safest insect killer, you're going to have 2 problems. Turds, and dead eggs all in your bud, there will be a change in taste that won't be desirable.......
If it's an 8-9 week strain, try a shop vac, but imo your best bet is turn it to wax.
After it finishes, then the work comes. You're going to have to bomb, nuke your grow space, throw away any medium ya might have sitting around, chuck any containers you may have use............
Good luck.
The best cure is prevention. Keeps pets out of the area, change cloths before entering your area.....but most importantly, kill every last mite before your next run. In a commercial setting the down time would be very costly. If you're just growing for yourself, hopefully you have plenty of bud to keep you happy until everything is cleared up

Johnnyp

Johnnyp

How many weeks does this strain run? Even if you killed them all using the safest insect killer, you're going to have 2 problems. Turds, and dead eggs all in your bud, there will be a change in taste that won't be desirable.......
If it's an 8-9 week strain, try a shop vac, but imo your best bet is turn it to wax.
After it finishes, then the work comes. You're going to have to bomb, nuke your grow space, throw away any medium ya might have sitting around, chuck any containers you may have use............
Good luck.
The best cure is prevention. Keeps pets out of the area, change cloths before entering your area.....but most importantly, kill every last mite before your next run. In a commercial setting the down time would be very costly. If you're just growing for yourself, hopefully you have plenty of bud to keep you happy until everything is cleared up

Thanks Bro

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Just had a recently outbreak of broad mites using power SI control any other recommendations
At weeks 6-7 I think its too late for chemicals. I take mine into the garage or back yard if warm enough and use a hose and fine sprayer on them with full force water pressure. If you can have someone support while your doing it and shake the plants water off afterwards. It helps knock their numbers down. Let it dry before putting back under the lights.you can do it daily to keep them at bay until harvest. Try to keep the water out of the soil if you're doing it daily, you'll water log the roots. Then wash your buds after you harvest to remove the dead, eggs and skeletons or there will be a lot of snap crackle pop when smoking.

harmonics

harmonics

Harmonics
Supporter

I’m a huge fan of releasing beneficial bugs to combat mites, they’re a fantastic preventive method. If you call their number they can recommend the proper type of predator to release and the best way to release it, best of luck!

haha whoops just caught the original post date, beneficial bugs are a great long term preventative though

Top Bottom