Moving to Jack's with water questions

• Thread starter growlo_b
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growlo_b

growlo_b

I'm about to wrap up my first grow with General Hydroponics nutes. I'd say that it went fairly well but I've been reading a lot about Jack's 321 formula and I think I'm sold. I love the simplicity of the formula and the cost savings you get with their products. They also seem like a great company with nice people! 😊

For the next grow I am going to start with the basic 321 formula in coco.

My main question is around water. In this first grow, I've used purchased RO water from a local water store. I did this because my tap water EC is around 0.65 (325ppm on the 500 scale). Constant trips to the water store have been the biggest pain in the grow.

I'd love to use tap water for the convenience. I do have filtration set up so there aren't any chorine concerns. Would I be ok trying the next run with my filtered tap water and Jacks 321 with a starting EC of 0.65? If so, would I need to adjust the EC to account for the starting EC of the tap water?

Thanks in advance for the help!

growsince79

growsince79

I'm about to wrap up my first grow with General Hydroponics nutes. I'd say that it went fairly well but I've been reading a lot about Jack's 321 formula and I think I'm sold. I love the simplicity of the formula and the cost savings you get with their products. They also seem like a great company with nice people! 😊

My main question is around water. In this first grow, I've used purchased RO water from a local water store. I did this because my tap water EC is around 0.65 (325ppm on the 500 scale). Constant trips to the water store have been the biggest pain in the grow.

I'd love to use tap water for the convenience. I do have filtration set up so there aren't any chorine concerns. Would I be ok trying the next run with my filtered tap water and Jacks 321 with a starting EC of 0.65? If so, would I need to adjust the EC to account for the starting EC of the tap water?

My tap water is also over 300. I mix it 50/50 with ro and it works.

Ramseyc2006

Ramseyc2006

Our tap runs 100ppm and we use Jack's part A 5-12-26 and part B 15-0-0. We add epsom, cal mag once a week, fulvic acid once a week, recharge once at end of veg and 3 times during flower. We switch to Jack's bloom for the 2nd and third week of flower. We feed full strength through the entire grow without burn. Our ppm range is 1100 to 1200. We probably could push higher but dont see the need. We are getting better than a gram per watt.

Top Bottom