My first grow diary (first grow planted 3/17/2024)

• Thread starter MrVicriously
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrVicriously

MrVicriously

Equipment: (I posted an introduction naming all my equipment)

Finally finished my first week! The first week I focused on ensuring the tent was regulated before starting to grow while I germinated the seeds. The tent is a VIVOSUN, I use all VIVOSUN products (for now) until I can get into more quality equipment. The tent is setup to regulate airflow, smell, and humidity. Unfortunately I have a template issue, which I have read to dry the plant in lower temps with lower humidity. So that will be an upcoming project in the coming weeks.

This week im focusing on the general health of the plant, making sure it’s growing well, making sure it has enough nutrients, enough water, enough light, ect. Im expecting to get some good growth from these plants as well. They sprouted within 2-4 hours after planting (is that typical for cannabis plants? If so more typical for auto-flower or photo?)

Anyways thanks for having me! Anyone who wants to follow my first grow I will be updating it through this forum to prevent posting a new post weekly for the first couple weeks and maybe bi-weekly or monthly after a couple weeks.

IMG_4568.jpeg

My first grow diary first grow planted 3172024 2
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter

Finally finished my first week! The first week I focused on ensuring the tent was regulated before starting to grow while I germinated the seeds. The tent is a VIVOSUN, I use all VIVOSUN products (for now) until I can get into more quality equipment. The tent is setup to regulate airflow, smell, and humidity. Unfortunately I have a template issue, which I have read to dry the plant in lower temps with lower humidity. So that will be an upcoming project in the coming weeks.

This week im focusing on the general health of the plant, making sure it’s growing well, making sure it has enough nutrients, enough water, enough light, ect. Im expecting to get some good growth from these plants as well. They sprouted within 2-4 hours after planting (is that typical for cannabis plants? If so more typical for auto-flower or photo?)

Anyways thanks for having me! Anyone who wants to follow my first grow I will be updating it through this forum to prevent posting a new post weekly for the first couple weeks and maybe bi-weekly or monthly after a couple weeks.

View attachment 2136926
What size pot is that? Good luck 🤞

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
As of right now I’m running a 5 gallon.

Thanks appreciate it!
Good size, I use 7 gallons usually. I might go 10 gallon next run but I do organics so 🤷‍♂️. Bigger battery
Keep us up to date ✌

MrVicriously

MrVicriously

Good size, I use 7 gallons usually. I might go 10 gallon next run but I do organics so 🤷‍♂️. Bigger battery
Keep us up to date ✌
Yeah exactly, only reason I am all soil is I grow for myself only. I think the earthy tones mixed in with the zesty inhale is probably my favorite. I’ve never consumed anything grown by hydroponics. Does it change the taste, THC level, CBD level, etc?

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Yeah exactly, only reason I am all soil is I grow for myself only. I think the earthy tones mixed in with the zesty inhale is probably my favorite. I’ve never consumed anything grown by hydroponics. Does it change the taste, THC level, CBD level, etc?
COmplicated stuff, but arguably living soil has more terps/flavanoids express, however you can add microbes to a hydro system. So very subjective 🤷‍♂️ genetics, enviornment, grower, etc

MrVicriously

MrVicriously

Week 1 Seedling Stage Update (3/18/2024)
A little late on this update but I have some awesome news!

On 3/18/2024 I noticed 1 out of 3 plants did not break the top soil. After investigating the issue it appeared that I packed the soil too hard, or planted the seed incorrectly. The plant after pulling it out of the soil, the seedling appeared to be coiled and the leaves that had grown from early vegetative had turned a mustard yellow color. Of course this indicated to me the plant was in poor health.

On 3/19/2024 I used 2-3 cups of water mixed with my Fox Farms BIG BLOOM mixed with water. My reason is to attempt to bring the plant back to health and feed the currently healthy plants.

Today 3/20/2024 After observing the plants before I stated my day I noticed the yellow seedling had recovered and turned green! We are on the road to recovery. I almost lost one but luckily I was able to correct my mistake only after 2 weeks of growing first time and I must say I am pretty proud of myself.

Lessons learned:
When planting seedlings for the first time ensure soil it loose enough to break through but packed enough to not come loose during grow. Also another lesson learned is that if a seedling does not break through the soil, replant the seedling and ensure the plant has enough food/water to recover. The recovery process was very quick and normal color returned within 24-48 hours.

IMG 0794
IMG 0795

D

dougied86

View attachment 2136926
Add some perlite to your coco. And make sure your nutes are for coco. Make sure you have cal and mag in your nute or ypur adding it to your water. Coco and led lights burns through cal mag. Make sure your ph in you water is good. And if you have city water make sure to remove all chlorine. And your pots should be completely or close to full with soil. Will help with air flow. This is my 3rd grow. U have a VIVOSUN 4x8 tent. A mars hydro fc4800. Works great but the controller runs wicked hot. For half the tent and a vipar 5000. Runs cooler and bigger foot print. By far my favorite of the two. Good luck on your grow. How many plants did you start and what kind did you pick? I planted 1 Gelato, 1 banana kush,1 cheese, 2 strawberry cough, 1 apple fritters, 2 girl scout cookies, 1 jealousy. All were autoflowers but the strawberry cough are reg fem photo. Where did you get your seeds?

D

dougied86

Keep us up to date ✌
I use 5 and 3 gallon pots and no issues of root bond by the time autoflowers where ready. If your going 3-4weeks veg then flower you won't have an issue. If you want a long veg or a mother then a bigger pot is recommended.

MrVicriously

MrVicriously

Week 2 Seedling Stage Update (3/24/2024)
Decided to do a Week 2 update a day early. So far I am extremely happy with the progress of my 3 girls. At first I thought the runt of all 3 was going to fail but boy she is catching back up to the others and I am excited to see how large they get. I’m not expecting a huge yield for my first harvest just because these are random seeds I am just trying to grow and see if I can. My next grow will be seeds I intentionally bought to grow and consume. But these bad boys are definitely going to bring me some joy know how well I can care for the plant being a novice.

I do not have any daily updates to post. This week was pretty slow, just watching them get bigger and keeping track of how dry the soil is. I plan on watering them this week at some point but I do notice the water holds very well so I am trying my best not to over water.

Lessons learned:
When things go wrong sometimes you just need to be patient and it all works out in the end. Regardless of how complicated it seems to grow just trust your gut and listen to your plant.

MrVicriously

MrVicriously

Add some perlite to your coco. And make sure your nutes are for coco. Make sure you have cal and mag in your nute or ypur adding it to your water. Coco and led lights burns through cal mag. Make sure your ph in you water is good. And if you have city water make sure to remove all chlorine. And your pots should be completely or close to full with soil. Will help with air flow. This is my 3rd grow. U have a VIVOSUN 4x8 tent. A mars hydro fc4800. Works great but the controller runs wicked hot. For half the tent and a vipar 5000. Runs cooler and bigger foot print. By far my favorite of the two. Good luck on your grow. How many plants did you start and what kind did you pick? I planted 1 Gelato, 1 banana kush,1 cheese, 2 strawberry cough, 1 apple fritters, 2 girl scout cookies, 1 jealousy. All were autoflowers but the strawberry cough are reg fem photo. Where did you get your seeds?
I started with 3 seeds and have 3 in veg stage now. I was given seeds by someone and I know nothing about them other than 1 is Melons OG I think and Glookies. As for seeds my next crop I bought OG Northern Light Auto, OG Kush Auto, Amnesia Haze Auto, and Blue Dream’matic Auto. Cant wait to start growing these in the next coming months as well. Might start them next month!

Top Bottom