Munch's perpetual grow

• Thread starter Munch517
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Anyone know if it's possible to change the title of a thread? I kinda want to keep this going as my grow thread but "My first grow" isn't really applicable anymore. If a mod can see this and just change it for me, go ahead and change it to "Munch's perpetual grow". Thanks in advance if that's doable.

To alert a member or ask a mod to help with a thread use @ symbol then user name.

@1diesel1 or find a post and click on the avatar and send personal message.

Munch517

Munch517

To alert a member or ask a mod to help with a thread use @ symbol then user name.

@1diesel1 or find a post and click on the avatar and send personal message.

Thanks, looks like someone took care of it. Thank you to whoever that was also.

Munch517

Munch517

The yield on the harvest ended up being almost exactly 1.5g/watt ;) which is good but not mind blowing. Even with two of the four gorilla glues being slightly stunted the GG outyielded the Do Si Dos by more than 14%, I think I can see a pretty clear path to getting at least 1.75g/watt with the GG. No surprise then that I'll be switching to all GG in the grow after next, I'll grow a couple Do Si Do in my side room.

GG on the left Do Si Dos on the right:
IMG 20200320 023517

The next generation got a little bit of a late start as I had to trash some plants about a month in. Here's a quick vid showing my propagation/early veg area, I'm also using it to start plants for my vegitable garden:

Odiesel

Odiesel

looks amazing man. really impressed with the outcome. When i have the budget i definetly want to get some of these lights. Any recommendations for something more budget oriented for flowering a 4x4?

Munch517

Munch517

looks amazing man. really impressed with the outcome. When i have the budget i definetly want to get some of these lights. Any recommendations for something more budget oriented for flowering a 4x4?

That can get tough, anytime you're on a budget you'll have to compromise it's just a matter of where and how much. All I can do is lay out a few options and the give and take between them.

My brand of choice, Fluence, makes the Spydr 2x ($850) that would be adequate if you never run CO2. Or you can get something like the Growers Choice ROI ($1000) and that would yield results very similar to what I have. The HLG 550 (~$800) is a decent option but the form factor doesn't lend itself to great light spread/coverage, like the ROI it's intense enough to make use of CO2. The absolute cheapest I'd go is two Mars Hydro SP250's ($250/each). They're less efficient than the other lights and it'd take more than three to justify using CO2 but they seem to be decent lights.

What is your budget? Do you ever plan on running CO2? Do you think you're likely to continue growing for the foreseeable future?

Munch517

Munch517

I painted my plant carts and got my carbon filters off the floor as part of my post harvest cleaning:
IMG 20200322 215236

Moved my plants in and did their second topping. They're ready to be put in 7gal pots, I just need to buy some Mykos to add the the soil:
IMG 20200323 015538

B

burke4

I finally made a video talking about the Trolmaster controller:

View attachment 915094
Hi

Are you still happy with your Trolmaster controller.

I'm hearing mixed reviews so I am in two minds to buy or not to buy.

I would be very grateful if you could take some time and answer me a few questions thanks.

1. Some people are complaining about temperature and humidity sockets are only 10amp, what amps are your heater dehumidifier humidifier.

2. Temperature and humidity sensor, people are saying they only last about a year and start going faulty, some people also saying temperature and humidity keep going adrift so you have to keep calibrating it every so many weeks.

3 I see you are using a fan speed controller, when you reach your target temperature, Trolmaster controller does it turn off completely.
I have AC Infinity fan with controller.
Trolmaster controller, I would like to set fan speed between 1 9 and have it adjust accordingly to temperature or humidity, but I don't want the fan to completely turn off, just go to its lowest speed.

4. Phone app have you had any issues especially when you're away and trying to log into.

5. Have you bought any more add-ons for the controller.

6. And most of all what are your positives and negatives for Trolmaster controller.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom