Munch's perpetual grow

• Thread starter Munch517
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Munch517

Munch517

Wow dude, this is looking awesome, some good pictures too. Ill be following, youre killing it. Can i ask, it looks like in the video youre using humidity, temp controllers, i mean, obviously, most of us do. but, what brands are you using? I just ask because im using Inkbird and well, it kinda sucks? Would appreciate your input!
Ill be following, clicked the watch button. Dope grows man.

EDIT: Ah re-read, trolmaster, is thatjust for co2?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

The system is called Trolmaster HydroX. It's a modular system that can control just about anything and connects to the internet so you can check on things through an app. When all said and done I'll be using it to control my CO2, lights, humidifier, electric heater, exhaust fan, intake fan and intake damper. I'm debating on whether to try their IR blaster to control my AC and dehumidifier.

I'll make a video in the next week or so describing it and post it here. So far I'm really with it, especially being able to monitor things from my phone and get alarms.

Last edited:
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Thanks, I appreciate it.

The system is called Trolmaster HydroX. It's a modular system that can control just about anything and connects to the internet so you can check on things through an app. When all said and done I'll be using it to control my CO2, lights, humidifier, electric heater, exhaust fan, intake fan and intake damper. I'm debating on whether to try their IR blaster to control my AC and dehumidifier.

I'll make a video in the next week or so describing it and post it here. So far I'm really with it, especially being able to monitor things from my phone and get alarms.
Fuck i love this idea, i will have to look into it. Thanks for the information. Temp and humidity control have been a hassle for me. Im going to look into that trolmaster. I dont use Co2, im not sealed. But, i would like a nice proffessional controller that doesnt fuck up like this inkbird. Sent my humidity almost to 90% last night, and i have it set at 70. thanks again for the info munch, ill definitely be following. Like i said looking amazing keep it up man! ill be looking for the vid!

Munch517

Munch517

There's a video and some pictures of my most recent harvest below. This was my first time mainlining the plants and I did several things wrong that hurt my yield. I switched to flower too soon after transplanting, I lollipopped too aggressively, I pruned the plants too much leaving open canopy and I should've waited a bit longer to switch to 12/12. All that added up to me getting a 10-15% reduction in yield versus my last grow despite keeping a better environment and feeding/watering properly this time. I'm fairly confident my next crop should be significantly better save for any major problems.

IMG 20191210 234919
IMG 20191210 234912 1
IMG 20191210 234857

Munch517

Munch517

My next crop is going to be my first full crop as I have a second light now, I also have CO2 and pretty good control over my environment now so I'm excited to see how this one goes. I wanted to show off the plant carts I made, their going to make growing in a small room much nicer. My room is extremely tight so I need to move things to reach half the plants, that creates problems when trying to SCROG. I built two 4x4 carts to hold four plants each, I built the SCROG into the cart so it can be moved around as a unit and I used a 4x4 flood tray for runoff.

Here's a video sort of showing them, if anyone's interested in seeing more let me know:

Munch517

Munch517

My first full crop is coming along well, I think I'm getting things dialed in. I did a better job with mainlining, I'm finding the sweetspot for pruning/defoliating and watering. Here's a few pics and a video:

Day 0 of flower:
IMG 20200108 193651

Day 9 of flower:
IMG 20200117 215825

Day 17 of flower:
IMG 20200125 051027

Day 29 it flower:
Do-si-do:
IMG 20200207 050452

Gorilla Glue:
IMG 20200207 050508

Video:
you

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Munch, this is absolutely awesome. I've watched the videos, the do-si-do is looking mouthwatering. You're doing a great job man. Keep this shit up. I like the idea of the rolling carts, that is a badass idea.

I wonder if I could make a 1.5ft by 1.5ft cart like you did? I mean, obviously. What materials did u use if u don't mind me asking? I guess I could always look for one on Amazon or something, but the DIY gives me something to do. I could use one for watering my girls as I pull them out of my tent and water.

Anyways, keep it up man, following along.

Munch517

Munch517

Munch, this is absolutely awesome. I've watched the videos, the do-si-do is looking mouthwatering. You're doing a great job man. Keep this shit up. I like the idea of the rolling carts, that is a badass idea.

I wonder if I could make a 1.5ft by 1.5ft cart like you did? I mean, obviously. What materials did u use if u don't mind me asking? I guess I could always look for one on Amazon or something, but the DIY gives me something to do. I could use one for watering my girls as I pull them out of my tent and water.

Anyways, keep it up man, following along.

Thanks. I've liked the rolling carts also, I wouldn't be able to work in my very small space without them. I just used pressure treated 2x6's held together by structural screws, I used 90 degree metal braces for inside the corners and appropriately sized casters to roll them around with. There's really not much to them, you could vary the design in a few ways depending on how you want to use them/how your growing. If you want to see more of how mine are made or any thoughts on how they might work for what you're doing, let me know.

Last edited:
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I've been watching this forum for awhile, it's been a great source of knowledge for me but I'm just now joining. I've helped a few friends set up their grows and tried to find answers to their questions, I tend to be someone people turn to when they want to figure something out. Point being that I've been around grows sporadically for awhile and built up a fair bit of knowledge but I'm now doing it the first time for myself.

A little about my setup... I built two rooms in my basement, a 6x6 veg room and a 6x12 flower room, ceilings are about 6.5' tall. I laid cheap linoleum over the floor and reflective insulation on the walls, cracks and crevices are covered in foil tape; all this to make cleaning easier and remove hiding spots for pests.

For lighting I have a Fluence Spydr 2p in my flower room and I'll be adding another one soon, I could potentially squeeze a third one in. I have a cheap Amazon Cob LED in my veg room for now, I'm on the fence about what light to get to replace it. I'm leaning towards a Fluence Razrx.

My setup isn't complete yet. In addition to the new lights I need a mini-split and Co2. For the Co2 controller I've been leaning towards a Trolmaster room controller but I'd like other people's opinions on what to do there.

For nutes (I'm in soil) I'm using almost the whole Heavy 16 line. I use everything of theirs including the foliar, except I replace their roots with House & Garden Roots Excelurator Gold and I use an inoculant from a local company. I follow Heavy 16's feeding schedule and feed with every watering except the occasional "inoculating flush" as recommended by Heavy 16.

Right now I'm at the end of week 4 of flowering with 4 Do-Si-Dos and 2 Gorilla Glues, here's some pics leading up until now:

A little less than a week (day 6) after clones from a friend were potted, I think I started LST a little too early.
View attachment 885417

Day 17 of veg
View attachment 885416

Day 27 of veg:
View attachment 885419

Day 35 of veg, netting up
View attachment 885421

Day 48 of veg/Day 0 of flower
View attachment 885422

Day 10 of flower, I added a frame for another layer of netting I won't end up needing
View attachment 885424

Day 19 of flower, first defoliation (2 pics)
View attachment 885425

View attachment 885427

Day 24 of flower
View attachment 885428

Day 31 flower (3 pics)
View attachment 885430

View attachment 885431

View attachment 885429

And that's about where I'm at now, I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts or suggestions.

Nice use of the PVC pipe! It's cheap and easy to work with ... I haven't added it to mine yet but I intend to do some scrogging in the future

Munch517

Munch517

Anyone know if it's possible to change the title of a thread? I kinda want to keep this going as my grow thread but "My first grow" isn't really applicable anymore. If a mod can see this and just change it for me, go ahead and change it to "Munch's perpetual grow". Thanks in advance if that's doable.

Top Bottom