My seedling is slightly bent! Help please!

• Thread starter Tfrank33
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tfrank33

So Ive been growing 2 Afgan Autos for about 5 days now the ladies look super healthy and their first set of serrated leaves are growing pretty fast. I have my temp at 80 degree Fahrenheit and humidity around 81% I woke up this morning and both plants have a weird bend to them is it because the light isnt low enough orrrrr??? I want to at least! Keep one of the plants alive by the end of the 12th week can you guys please help so i can make some quick adjustments!? That would really be so nice! Oh! Here are some photos and also my grow light shoots out 100w

My seedling is slightly bent help please
My seedling is slightly bent help please 2
My seedling is slightly bent help please 3
My seedling is slightly bent help please 4
My seedling is slightly bent help please 5
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So Ive been growing 2 Afgan Autos for about 5 days now the ladies look super healthy and their first set of serrated leaves are growing pretty fast. I have my temp at 80 degree Fahrenheit and humidity around 81% I woke up this morning and both plants have a weird bend to them is it because the light isnt low enough orrrrr??? I want to at least! Keep one of the plants alive by the end of the 12th week can you guys please help so i can make some quick adjustments!? That would really be so nice! Oh! Here are some photos and also my grow light shoots out 100w
looks good..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thats always good to hear! First grow and im paranoid but i know i need to let nature run its course lol any little weird difference i get fluttered hahaha! THANKS
just don’t get to touchy with them when small or over mother them..

S

sshortguy1

it'll take a while for some strains even longer, the strains I've gotten are taking about 10 weeks from seed to flower, it'll take time. can someone please tell me why they are pushing Spiderfarmer lights on here, are they sponsored on here? that's all I hear but if it's not spider farmer on here it's mars hydro on the other, both are Samsung, the same as the other
long bud piece off a plant using King LEDs, from all I can see is a powerful grow light is all it matters. the lighting in the 90s was pretty simple a closet space a 400 w MH & HPS some used 600 w to a 1000 watt, it was a simple grow now you got to get this or that light, can't anyone stick to something that will work?

PHOTO 2020 02 18 10 40 53 1024x
Last edited:
Dye

Dye

Thats always good to hear! First grow and im paranoid but i know i need to let nature run its course lol any little weird difference i get fluttered hahaha! THANKS

Dude little cool tip leave some room on top of pot as the plant grows weird or tall sometimes just add soil!
I always add soil make my seedling low to the ground helps to grow strong stems or at least keeps them from bending from top weight.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Dude little cool tip leave some room on top of pot as the plant grows weird or tall sometimes just add soil!
I always add soil make my seedling low to the ground helps to grow strong stems or at least keeps them from bending from top weight.
they will also grow roots from the stem being buried

T

Tfrank33

Thats smart asf! Thanks man!!

T

Tfrank33

it'll take a while for some strains even longer, the strains I've gotten are taking about 10 weeks from seed to flower, it'll take time. can someone please tell me why they are pushing Spiderfarmer lights on here, are they sponsored on here? that's all I hear but if it's not spider farmer on here it's mars hydro on the other, both are Samsung, the same as the other
long bud piece off a plant using King LEDs, from all I can see is a powerful grow light is all it matters. the lighting in the 90s was pretty simple a closet space a 400 w MH & HPS some used 600 w to a 1000 watt, it was a simple grow now you got to get this or that light, can't anyone stick to something that will work?
Im not really big on grow lights myself. For my first grow i just knew I needed a tent and grow light amazon had and amazing deal for both lol i dont even know whats the difference in grow lights hahaha

Treecutter

Treecutter

I'll never buy Mars hydro again. Customer service is the worst. Light went out during warranty period took over 2 months and they sent me used outdated parts. Actually told me the delay in the parts was because they didn't have the funds to ship it.

Treecutter

Treecutter

Looks good to me. If I don't get mine out from under the t5 fast enough the stems are so skinny they fall over. Thats when you know you've waited too long on giving them enough light.

Not enough light and they'll stretch for it causing a week stem. You'll see white striated stretch marks in the stem on bigger plants when it happens. Bud node spacing is huge.

The one photo you can see strings and cables from the cieling holding the stems up. The guy used a 600 watt hps trying to grow in a 6x6 area 6 different plants . Some of these stems were the size of a pencil from not enough light. I let him use a 240 watt led to supplement the flower.

The other photo is from a competition I was in for biggest bud top in a 1 gallon grow that I won. My buddies cried foul when I told them it was an auto I dwarfed by over lighting it on purpose to win. It may have been a cheap shot because this bud was the entire plant. I thought it was a competition of knowledge to grow the biggest bud top and they gave me the win.

IMG 20211210 134733 309
20210802 202009
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

First off never transplant an auto they do not like it one bit, sow seed in pot you intend to do whole grow in usually a 3gal, if your auto seedling is having trouble standing on it's own burn the plastic of 1 half of a bread tie exposing the wire, then tie another to the one end you did not burn plastic off, insert wire into dirt well away from seedling make a loupe in tie and hold up seedling till it can stand on it's own, this trick works 100% of time in fact I had to do it to this dark devel auto I'm running bc it was top heavy and until stem hardened wanted to fall over.

20220123 060324
20220123 060353
T

Tfrank33

Looks good to me. If I don't get mine out from under the t5 fast enough the stems are so skinny they fall over. Thats when you know you've waited too long on giving them enough light.

Not enough light and they'll stretch for it causing a week stem. You'll see white striated stretch marks in the stem on bigger plants when it happens. Bud node spacing is huge.

The one photo you can see strings and cables from the cieling holding the stems up. The guy used a 600 watt hps trying to grow in a 6x6 area 6 different plants . Some of these stems were the size of a pencil from not enough light. I let him use a 240 watt led to supplement the flower.

The other photo is from a competition I was in for biggest bud top in a 1 gallon grow that I won. My buddies cried foul when I told them it was an auto I dwarfed by over lighting it on purpose to win. It may have been a cheap shot because this bud was the entire plant. I thought it was a competition of knowledge to grow the biggest bud top and they gave me the win.
Mannnn that is some nice size bud! Im tryna get like you mah boay! Thats for that though! This being my first grow i really appreciate your knowledge on growing cannabis really helps to know these things

T

Tfrank33

First off never transplant an auto they do not like it one bit, sow seed in pot you intend to do whole grow in usually a 3gal, if your auto seedling is having trouble standing on it's own burn the plastic of 1 half of a bread tie exposing the wire, then tie another to the one end you did not burn plastic off, insert wire into dirt well away from seedling make a loupe in tie and hold up seedling till it can stand on it's own, this trick works 100% of time in fact I had to do it to this dark devel auto I'm running bc it was top heavy and until stem hardened wanted to fall over.
what a beauty! Thank you so much for that info! I was kinda thinking I maybe needed help this sweet girl out but she was steady growing lol thank you so much man that info im getting on that asap

Latest posts

Top Bottom