Need good watering advice for new grower

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I have 5 autoflower Grandaddy Purp plants currently that are on day 60 and looking really good overall. A few issues but nothing serious. My question is, I'm leaving for Jamaica for our honeymoon Monday for 6 days. My plants are in 5 gallon mesh all organic Fox Farm soil. Is going 6 days at important part way too long for them to go without water. (In my head I believe so as they are asking for water about every 3.5 days).
Can I go 6 days without water or are there any suggestions. I don't have anyone I trust to come in my house and baby my plants the way I do while I'm gone.
On a side note I also have a question. I have a 4x2x5 tent. 3 plants along the back and 2 in the front. The ones in the back have really good sized colas and Buds but my 2 plants in the front are all looking like smaller Popcorn Buds. My light is perfectly centered, I have 2 fans blowing above the canopy. They all get the same notes and watering. Any reccommendations on what I can do would be appreciated.
You guys have helped this new grower get somewhere and I'm nearing harvest and want to make sure I don't mess up now so any info would be great.

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
I have 5 autoflower Grandaddy Purp plants currently that are on day 60 and looking really good overall. A few issues but nothing serious. My question is, I'm leaving for Jamaica for our honeymoon Monday for 6 days. My plants are in 5 gallon mesh all organic Fox Farm soil. Is going 6 days at important part way too long for them to go without water. (In my head I believe so as they are asking for water about every 3.5 days).
Can I go 6 days without water or are there any suggestions. I don't have anyone I trust to come in my house and baby my plants the way I do while I'm gone.
On a side note I also have a question. I have a 4x2x5 tent. 3 plants along the back and 2 in the front. The ones in the back have really good sized colas and Buds but my 2 plants in the front are all looking like smaller Popcorn Buds. My light is perfectly centered, I have 2 fans blowing above the canopy. They all get the same notes and watering. Any reccommendations on what I can do would be appreciated.
You guys have helped this new grower get somewhere and I'm nearing harvest and want to make sure I don't mess up now so any info would be great.
You might want to look at getting a Blumat watering system. They're pretty cheap and will take care of your watering needs for that time period.

a4twenty

a4twenty

you could set up a reservoir (5G pail) buy a small pump some tubing a few emitters and a timer (you probably have one already) for very little.

Ponky

Ponky

If you water before you go and turn the lights down to minimum you should be fine. There are timers and gravity feed systems. Assuming the plants aren't too big.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

My plants are about 36 inches tall and probably 2 to 3 weeks from harvest

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

If ur going to be gone 6 days just give a good watering they should be fine, maybe a bit droopy but will perk up when u water again.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Then my last question would be I'm in between 2 and 3 weeks of harvest. 2 plants will be harvesting earlier by a few days I have a feeling. I have not been able to get my ph lower then 6.7 no matter what I do. I've watered with 20 percent drainage at 6.0ph for past 3 week. Should I give one good last feeding with nutes mollasses cal mag if my only option is to do a good watering. I won't have time to set anything up as we are leaving town in few hours and just got married last night literally. And lastly I have a Mars Hydro TSL 2000 that I can adjust light. I've had it at 100 percent. Should I lower the light and turn it down about to 80 percent and turn my fans down a little so it doesn't dry our as quick or is that pointless?

Ponky

Ponky

Turn the light down to minimum. Aim the fans at the tent walls instead of on the pot or leaves. To reduce transpiration. And I mean literally water right before you leave. This will maximize your safe time. If they get too dry it's over so I wouldn't risk it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom