Need help, yellow spots nd tip burn

• Thread starter NairnM16
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NairnM16

NairnM16

About a week ago I noticed some yellow spots on a lower leaf and thought nothing of it just assumed it was spray damage, but I have woke up today to see the that tips of my leafs are burning, it looks like potassium to me but I haven’t got a clue any help out there?

Need help yellow spots nd tip burn
Need help yellow spots nd tip burn 2
Need help yellow spots nd tip burn 3
mancorn

mancorn

Your soil looks like it's going to hold a ton of water and might have trouble drying out. (Looks like a Mendo mix.) Are you letting the dirt fully dry out between watering?

Young plants don't need much fert and fairly commom that growers overcook their young plants. What are you feeding and spraying on the plant?

NairnM16

NairnM16

Your soil looks like it's going to hold a ton of water and might have trouble drying out. (Looks like a Mendo mix.) Are you letting the dirt fully dry out between watering?

Young plants don't need much fert and fairly commom that growers overcook their young plants. What are you feeding and spraying on the plant?
Gave them half of the recommend dose of sensi gorw a+b with some call mag a week ago nd had 2 watering with cal mag around the ph of 5.9-6.3 the medium is coco I don’t let the coco dry fully as I read somewhere this can lead to problems I give about a L per feed usually feed every 3 days just to reset the medium nd flush anything that’s built up I did big spray a few days ago but the spots where already there before hand,

NairnM16

NairnM16

Gave them half of the recommend dose of sensi gorw a+b with some call mag a week ago nd had 2 watering with cal mag around the ph of 5.9-6.3 the medium is coco I don’t let the coco dry fully as I read somewhere this can lead to problems I give about a L per feed usually feed every 3 days just to reset the medium nd flush anything that’s built up I did big spray a few days ago but the spots where already there before hand,
Bug spray^*

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Your plants are tiny and you are feeding them like they are redwoods! Plants don't usually need feeding until a few weeks of growth, after they start into alternate growth. The roots are very sensitive and haven't had the chance to spread out and establish themselves. They look burnt to me. Leaf damage can take a week or more to show up, so sometimes the answer is from something older than previously thought, like errant sprays and similar type of issues. The one photo looks like nute burn to me, but the other pics look pretty good. The one with the most damage looks more like something was spilled on it as it is almost too young to get a deficiency and already have necrosis from it. Usually it is a slow process that happens after a while. Of course, this is just my opinion. I prefer to use a lower amount of nutrients than most. Good luck!

NairnM16

NairnM16

Your plants are tiny and you are feeding them like they are redwoods! Plants don't usually need feeding until a few weeks of growth, after they start into alternate growth. The roots are very sensitive and haven't had the chance to spread out and establish themselves. They look burnt to me. Leaf damage can take a week or more to show up, so sometimes the answer is from something older than previously thought, like errant sprays and similar type of issues. The one photo looks like nute burn to me, but the other pics look pretty good. The one with the most damage looks more like something was spilled on it as it is almost too young to get a deficiency and already have necrosis from it. Usually it is a slow process that happens after a while. Of course, this is just my opinion. I prefer to use a lower amount of nutrients than most. Good luck!
Should I flush them or just see how the get on nd

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I might recommend a flush if I knew that the soil wouldn't hold too much water. They will probably be OK once the roots grow in a little and get used to the soil. hey might slow down for a little but I think they will be OK, just give them a break from too much feeding and see how they do over the next few days. If the damage seems to be increasing, a flush might be necessary. Your plants are still small with a lot of growing to do. They don't look to be in too bad of shape overall, but just go easy on feeding and don't overwater (but don't let them wilt, either) and you will be fine, I think. Keep up the good work!

BigCube

BigCube

If it's coco and not some weird mix. My favorite watering method is to water through. Every day I feed with full nutrients. But I water through. So I flush and feed at the same time.

I water till about %20 of what I put in, comes out. This flushes all the old crap out and replaces it with perfect ppm. It takes more nutrients, But you know exactly what's in that coco.

If you don't water through or flush every now and then, your unused nutrients stay in your medium, and build up.

If you're using unmixed coco, just flush it with regular water and it should fix the problem. The damage won't be reversed, but new growth should be fine.

Top Bottom