Negative vs positive air pressure

• Thread starter Smokecorleone415
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokecorleone415

Smokecorleone415

What’s your thoughts?,In my experience negative air pressure has always been a good thing,it keeps the temps/humidity easily regulated and keeps the air fresher and positive air pressure keeps the air stale and uncirculated and holds and hot air and humidity and a recipe of mold.anybody else have the same observation? Also I like how gorilla grow tents make the side brackets to not loss any space

Anthem

Anthem

What’s your thoughts?,In my experience negative air pressure has always been a good thing,it keeps the temps/humidity easily regulated and keeps the air fresher and positive air pressure keeps the air stale and uncirculated and holds and hot air and humidity and a recipe of mold.anybody else have the same observation? Also I like how gorilla grow tents make the side brackets to not loss any space
you should have equal pressure in a grow tent. Negative or positive air pressure in the tent does not matter if you are running an exhaust fan. The only thing you are going to get with negative air pressure in the grow tent is less grow space because the walls are sucking into the tent.

Smokecorleone415

Smokecorleone415

you should have equal pressure in a grow tent. Negative or positive air pressure in the tent does not matter if you are running an exhaust fan. The only thing you are going to get with negative air pressure in the grow tent is less grow space because the walls are sucking into the tent.

Would you agree that the negative air pressure is usually caused by the intake fan? I would imagine the negative air means that air is circulating and that for sure helps with regulating temps and humidity.gorilla grow tent makes side brackets for tents for this reason because negative air does takes away space but it is very minimal.but for sure like you said something in between is that happy medium...not too tight and not too lose.easy fix for this is to just adjust the fan speed on your intake

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My tent has mid bars that stop the walls sucking in. Negative pressure is the only way to be sure smell is properly filtered.

Smokecorleone415

Smokecorleone415

My tent has mid bars that stop the walls sucking in. Negative pressure is the only way to be sure smell is properly filtered.

that’s what I kind of figured from my experiences,my gorilla tent has the bars they make for this reason but my others have some I made with wired coat hangers lol

Narsbars

Narsbars

Bumping an old thread but this just came up in RL. Negative pressure short of imploding your tent has many benefits. It can make temp control better, it will keep all air going through you exhaust filter and no smell leaking out of the tent. It will also really keep down excess moisture and by controlling moisture you are keeping down mold and mildew. Your plants will go through water somewhat faster. Don't crank your exhaust fan until your tent becomes a black hole but keeping the pressure negative is overall a positive.

Top Bottom