newbie here

• Thread starter lvstealth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
hi! just about to get started with my first grow. i have ordered most things, still waiting on seeds and light to arrive.

im budget minded (sounds better than "cheap"), so i went around the house and noticed i dont ever use my 4ft round garden tub! so, i set to work and made it my grow space. i have lots of questions, i watch lots of videos and read everything i can find, but that just gets more confusing!

i wanted a place to actually ask and discuss things. i wish i had found ya'll sooner! i just went through some excruciating math and finger counting on lighting. in the end i ordered a viparspectra xs2000. a coupon made the difference! but not being a math gal, i had to figure out a 4ft dia circles area! turns out it is a bit over the 1m2 i see everywhere!

well, im sort of loquacious, i will write a page! so i will save my bursting enthusiasm for after i have read and watched a bit!

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Well hello there! Did you use "loquacious" in a sentence? Very cool I am the king of...loquaciousness. lol The good thing about being long winded around here is people can just ignore what we write if they so choose. So your getting ready to fire up a new indoor grow? I bet your excited. I'm an old timer and have been at it for awhile. I love to see new growers full of enthusiasm! Your excitement is infectious. I wish you luck and good tidings with your garden. Welcome to the farm!

JakeFromDutchpro

JakeFromDutchpro

Congrats on the new setup! I've seen hundreds of growth so far and ill tell you one is never the same as others. So many people DIY and macgyver their grows I'm convinced just about anything will work growing these beauties! Your lights and nutrients will make all the difference in your home grow! Never stop learning/researching and you will only see success! Good luck on your grow!

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Thank you! when you talk like i do, you learn to say these things!

yes on the starting! so much to learn! in my life i have tossed a seed or two in a pot, in a row on the farm and had success! ive used the paper towel method for lots of things, just not cannabis! i always liked farming, but mostly because of the TRACTOR!!! lol.

this is just the whiny part, ill make it short... with flu and the fact that the government wants to keep me in pain so that some addict doesnt get his stuff from the drugstore. pot was my fall back, but the expense here is crazy!

so, uncle sam sent me some money and i chose to spend it on THIS! which, just sort of, makes me giggle!

i instantly bought a silly little grow light, and some dirt, got some sour cream containers, tossed in 3 bag seed i had from over the year... then i started reading. so i sent back the light i got and ordered some purple cow indicanja to replace the walmart dirt, (no idea if this will work, but i didnt have anyone to ask and it was there) and some bush doctor coco loco.

heres a question... i read that i should have reflective, like a tent, surfaces... the enclosure i use is mirrored, will that be reflective enough or too much? for measuring light all i have is an app on my phone, and i hear that with leds it isnt so great - something about lux and par and other initials i dont know... YET

so i ordered a viparspectra xs2000, which says it will fit my space (which involved the circle math!) im visual, so i made a scaled drawing of the area, then put the chart they have against it and it covers the whole area nicely.

i ordered seeds from 2 different companies, just to make sure i get some (i was concerned about the mailing and all)

the light comes wednesday, the seeds come whenever (although the tracking says they are close now!) not sure if its right to say the companies here, so i wont... but they were both on every list of good places to buy. i got Auto flower, just because (it was a sale... im a woman...)

i got a bunch of other things like fan and extension cords and zip ties and pipe cleaners and... so, im thinking im going to start very soon! im just so excited!!

on another front, i now have the 3 bag seed, sitting there growing their little hearts out and i dont know exactly what to do with them. im going to guess they are not autos, so i need to worry over light and stuff with them and in the end dont know anything about them. it would hurt my heart to kill them, so there they sit, pretty little things, today is day 6 for them. if you look really closely you can see the new set of leaves coming in!

i check on them every time i think about it, and that is a LOT!

should i toss them out before i name them and keep them!

KlveG3B
KJnb0XR

well, i am sure im boring all of you who have seen this before, but im still in awe! lol

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Congrats on the new setup! I've seen hundreds of growth so far and ill tell you one is never the same as others. So many people DIY and macgyver their grows I'm convinced just about anything will work growing these beauties! Your lights and nutrients will make all the difference in your home grow! Never stop learning/researching and you will only see success! Good luck on your grow!

its a lot like cooking! everyone has their own recipe

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Thank you! when you talk like i do, you learn to say these things!

yes on the starting! so much to learn! in my life i have tossed a seed or two in a pot, in a row on the farm and had success! ive used the paper towel method for lots of things, just not cannabis! i always liked farming, but mostly because of the TRACTOR!!! lol.

this is just the whiny part, ill make it short... with flu and the fact that the government wants to keep me in pain so that some addict doesnt get his stuff from the drugstore. pot was my fall back, but the expense here is crazy!

so, uncle sam sent me some money and i chose to spend it on THIS! which, just sort of, makes me giggle!

i instantly bought a silly little grow light, and some dirt, got some sour cream containers, tossed in 3 bag seed i had from over the year... then i started reading. so i sent back the light i got and ordered some purple cow indicanja to replace the walmart dirt, (no idea if this will work, but i didnt have anyone to ask and it was there) and some bush doctor coco loco.

heres a question... i read that i should have reflective, like a tent, surfaces... the enclosure i use is mirrored, will that be reflective enough or too much? for measuring light all i have is an app on my phone, and i hear that with leds it isnt so great - something about lux and par and other initials i dont know... YET

so i ordered a viparspectra xs2000, which says it will fit my space (which involved the circle math!) im visual, so i made a scaled drawing of the area, then put the chart they have against it and it covers the whole area nicely.

i ordered seeds from 2 different companies, just to make sure i get some (i was concerned about the mailing and all)

the light comes wednesday, the seeds come whenever (although the tracking says they are close now!) not sure if its right to say the companies here, so i wont... but they were both on every list of good places to buy. i got Auto flower, just because (it was a sale... im a woman...)

i got a bunch of other things like fan and extension cords and zip ties and pipe cleaners and... so, im thinking im going to start very soon! im just so excited!!

on another front, i now have the 3 bag seed, sitting there growing their little hearts out and i dont know exactly what to do with them. im going to guess they are not autos, so i need to worry over light and stuff with them and in the end dont know anything about them. it would hurt my heart to kill them, so there they sit, pretty little things, today is day 6 for them. if you look really closely you can see the new set of leaves coming in!

i check on them every time i think about it, and that is a LOT!

should i toss them out before i name them and keep them!

View attachment 1094667View attachment 1094668

well, i am sure im boring all of you who have seen this before, but im still in awe! lol

Wow you are excited! I love it.

To answer the question about the mirrors: No mirrors are not a good idea for the grow room. They reflect uv light and create hot spots that can burn the plants. I would suggest flat white paint, mylar, or panda paper for the walls of the enclosure.

Oh and I love love love the fact that the government helped you get started growing your own. That's taking initiative and opening the door when opportunity knocks. Smart.

As far as your little seedlings go, if your gonna start auto flowers and the bag seed are probably photo period plants. Its gonna be a pain in the butt because the photo plants need 12/12 light cycle to flower while the auto plants will flower using 18/6 light cycle. Plus plan on half the bag seeds being male and wanting to spread pollen. Something to think about... Good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom