Newbie Question

• Thread starter MikeTrike2020
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MikeTrike2020

MikeTrike2020

Hello all:

First time grow for me and I’m growing outdoor in soil in huge pots.

First I’d like to thank everyone for the great advice here. I’ve been lurking for a while and have picked up great tips.

My rookie question is this: I’ve been in flush for almost two weeks after seeing about 10% amber on the trikes and trying to predict a harvest date. Problem is, I was checking the sugar leaves and not the calyxes or buds.

I was planning on harvesting tomorrow. But after taking samples today from three locations from the buds on all 6 plants, and looking under the microscope, I’m really only sitting at about 10% amber on average.

I’d personally like to see more like 20-30% but don’t want to extend the flush more than the 2 weeks it’s already been.

So will the girls be OK with just water for another week while I wait or should I give them a feed and maybe flush again in a few days.

I’m using the General Organics line of nutes and don’t think they would need another full two weeks of flush.

So feed them or let em’ ride?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Newbie question
Newbie question 2
Newbie question 3
Newbie question 4
Newbie question 5
Last edited:
MikeTrike2020

MikeTrike2020

Note: these pics aren’t that current. Most of the pistols are curled in now.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Note: these pics aren’t that current. Most of the pistols are curled in now.
That was gonna be my first comment, they don't look ready yet.

The plant should be fine for another week with just water. Plants and leaves will store food and this is what they will eat over the next week. You should see the leaves start to yellow or purple and then fall off when the food supply is gone.

MikeTrike2020

MikeTrike2020

That was gonna be my first comment, they don't look ready yet.

The plant should be fine for another week with just water. Plants and leaves will store food and this is what they will eat over the next week. You should see the leaves start to yellow or purple and then fall off when the food supply is gone.

Thanks. I do have quite a few reds and purples and I already picked off most of the dead fans.

MikeTrike2020

MikeTrike2020

Decision made. I looked at calyxes from all 6 plants; top, mid and lower. They’re going another week.

Kinda sucks too. I have everything ready and set this weekend aside for the initial trim and hanging.

Such is life. At least I don’t have to make plans for next weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom