Overwatered recovery

• Thread starter SparcOne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SparcOne

SparcOne

Hi, I recently did the cardinal sin of over watering my seedlings and newly transplanted clones. I didn’t give them a lot of water it’s just now for the first time I live in a humid country so the moisture in the air keeps things wetter than I’m used to. Plus my media was of a poor quality soil with bad aeration and drainage so the vital tiny air ‘pockets’ became completely clogged and then obviously my roots couldn’t breathe. I also had my PH way off and my light was too low(25w CFL). To add insult to injury I put them on the window seal so the sun could help dry them out faster but the sun burnt the leaves a little. So all this has equaled the worst start to my girls I’ve ever had but it’s clearly obvious why, believe it or not I’ve been growing for years but in places with basically 0% humidity so I feel I’m learning from scratch again.

So since rectifying everything firstly transplanting into new pots(6 days ago) consisting of 50% light potting mix and 50% perlite all lightly sprayed with some H2O2 with a correct PH reading of 6.3(I purchased a PH meter). I’ve since put in an extra large 105w CFL 6500k bulb. I’m also now using a very paranoid but affect method of having a pot with the exact same media but dry and using a scale to see how close in comparison the pots with the seedlings come to the weight of the dry pot before adding water and when I do add water I micro dose so they are just getting enough no more. I lost one clone and one seedling after the transplant but the rest survived and are starting to show new nodes and smile again but very slowly.
Overwatered recovery

So my question is now that everything is back on track and running how it should from the beginning how long will it normally take before their growth is back
Overwatered recovery 2
to the normal rapid growth pace I’m used to or is it likely that some fungus issue has stunted them for life and they’ll always grow slow?? I’m hoping for some positive feedback that this is not a lasting issue.
TIA

SparcOne

SparcOne

On a more positive not my Kehlani Kush is nice and happy, probably flip her in one month in other words no more additional light just left outside in natural the 12/12 light cycle 👌🏽

to the normal rapid growth pace I’m used to or is it likely that some fungus issue has stunted them for life and they’ll always grow slow?? I’m hoping for some positive feedback that this is not a lasting issue.
TIA

Top Bottom