pH problems, organic chem no help

• Thread starter specklefart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

koolwhip

I'd be suspect it's the water. And you are totally right, constantly adding ph down is not good. What happens if you ph it down to 5.5? Does it stil rise to 6.1 or does it settle lower? The plants can totally take it at 5.5, especially if it drifts up a bit and you'll actually get better N uptake. You could also maybe try a more acidic nutrient. I use pure blend pro and it's very acidic.

Also, how long have you been watering that frequently? Those short cycles arent allowing for much dryback. How do the roots look?
whattup Dirtbag? New here. First post. Good to know these threads are alive and well.. been years. I recall your name from scrolling thru doing research of late.
I am a year in running a drain to waste system using Rockwool (Hugos) and drip irrigation. still not dialed and frustrated. knew nothing about drybacks, crop steering and how sensitive and easy to overfeed Rockwool is. quite a learning curve and I do know my way around a garden.

my system pushes 35ml per minute per stake. I run 3 stakes equating to a 105 ml shot size. I do lights on for two hrs followed by a 1 min / 105ml irrigation every hr. (four hrs, four shots) until a 5 min flood. total feed is 9 min. = 945 ml daily feed. 20 % runoff is 190 ml. has worked decent with other runs and been tweaked plenty. seemed alright wk 1-3 thru stretch then was drying a bunch, increase feed, tweak, blah blah blah then fucked!!

QUESTION:
1.) should shot size be tweaked throughout cycle? saw a fella here suggesting 2% veg, 3%stretch, 4% flower, 6 % late bloom
2.) shot size frequency to achieve proper dry back?
3.) shot frequency schedule?

does shot frequency change weekly? - every hour until flood at midday -vs- every other hour for example.
would I increase that 105ml /min feed (3%) every hour to a 210ml / min. (6%) every other hour possibly? in late flower?

recap: lights on at 4:00, 1 min., 105ml shot at 6;00, 7:00, 8:00, 9;00, then a 5 min./ 525 ml flood at 10:00. lights off 4:00.

I feel like I'm so close to unlocking the key. I only run 3, 4 x 8 tables. 28 in each ( 4x7). two fluence spyders over ea. I just can't see needing a grosense or troll master water content reader or such. when did growing a weed become so difficult? its simple, a fuckin weed for shits sake!

any help would be appreciated. if not your cup of tea please forward to anyone you feel can help break the code.

thanks in advance and be well brother.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
whattup Dirtbag? New here. First post. Good to know these threads are alive and well.. been years. I recall your name from scrolling thru doing research of late.
I am a year in running a drain to waste system using Rockwool (Hugos) and drip irrigation. still not dialed and frustrated. knew nothing about drybacks, crop steering and how sensitive and easy to overfeed Rockwool is. quite a learning curve and I do know my way around a garden.

my system pushes 35ml per minute per stake. I run 3 stakes equating to a 105 ml shot size. I do lights on for two hrs followed by a 1 min / 105ml irrigation every hr. (four hrs, four shots) until a 5 min flood. total feed is 9 min. = 945 ml daily feed. 20 % runoff is 190 ml. has worked decent with other runs and been tweaked plenty. seemed alright wk 1-3 thru stretch then was drying a bunch, increase feed, tweak, blah blah blah then fucked!!

QUESTION:
1.) should shot size be tweaked throughout cycle? saw a fella here suggesting 2% veg, 3%stretch, 4% flower, 6 % late bloom
2.) shot size frequency to achieve proper dry back?
3.) shot frequency schedule?

does shot frequency change weekly? - every hour until flood at midday -vs- every other hour for example.
would I increase that 105ml /min feed (3%) every hour to a 210ml / min. (6%) every other hour possibly? in late flower?

recap: lights on at 4:00, 1 min., 105ml shot at 6;00, 7:00, 8:00, 9;00, then a 5 min./ 525 ml flood at 10:00. lights off 4:00.

I feel like I'm so close to unlocking the key. I only run 3, 4 x 8 tables. 28 in each ( 4x7). two fluence spyders over ea. I just can't see needing a grosense or troll master water content reader or such. when did growing a weed become so difficult? its simple, a fuckin weed for shits sake!

any help would be appreciated. if not your cup of tea please forward to anyone you feel can help break the code.

thanks in advance and be well brother.
please take this to a new thread and link to this one. This thread is almost two years old and your first post revived it.

I'm being kind as you've done your research, yet raised a dead thread that was is not live and well. best practice is to start a new thread and link the old one. appreciate your understanding!

we'll catch you on your thread. tag me and/or @Dirtbag in it and we'll get you on track.

K

koolwhip

please take this to a new thread and link to this one. This thread is almost two years old and your first post revived it.

I'm being kind as you've done your research, yet raised a dead thread that was is not live and well. best practice is to start a new thread and link the old one. appreciate your understanding!

we'll catch you on your thread. tag me and/or @Dirtbag in it and we'll get you on track.
thanks bud. I'm a technological idiot so need to figure out how to navigate this site.

Top Bottom