Plants And Vibrations....

• Thread starter cannabeans
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannabeans

cannabeans

So I have this plant, she is almost done. Usually by this time in the cycle, because I stop using any kind of spray after 14 day in bloom, I can see some thrip damage and even sometimes a small infestation of mites. So I have been inspecting my plant daily, it just so happens that I have a small fan sitting on top of the soil facing up blowing air through the canopy.This is the first time I have done this. The other day I noticed when I touched the mail stem of the plant, the fan has been causing vibrations throughout the entire plant. So that got me thinking.. Then I googled it!
So I may have stumbled upon something that I will continue to try and it might just work.

Does anyone else have any kind of experience with vibrations and plants?
After reading the article there may be some efficacy to this....

Zorlac

Zorlac

so I tried the "vibe" technique to try and chase spider mites away (a motor from a little drill with a counterweight, not a toy). the mites won. I couldn't shake them. the plants looked blurry for a week while the motors shook them vigorously. I don't know how the mites could hold on? they looked very blurry from all the motion.

J

Just aDude

I've actually been thinking lately about how vibrational frequencies would affect plant cellular structure and growth. This is interesting.

cannabeans

cannabeans

I will say this.. I have harvested that plant I was referring to. and I could not find any mites or even ant thrip damage.
I am very shocked that I could even find any thrip damage.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I thought you were doing some experimenting with gibberlic acid? @cannabeans

cannabeans

cannabeans

Im still planning on doing more... Just had to put on the shelf for a moment..
When summer finally hits in my neck of the woods, I will be using GA on my veggies and a plant or two to start, So I can have a good baseline to start from...

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Im still planning on doing more... Just had to put on the shelf for a moment..
When summer finally hits in my neck of the woods, I will be using GA on my veggies and a plant or two to start, So I can have a good baseline to start from...
You should get some outdoor speakers and play them some tunes...

B

Bugvibes

We have a lot of experience, production devices and a good patent on vibrating plants. Most of the application has been very effective on chasing away a few pests such as Japanese beetles. We did have good results on a study by the University of Wisconsin Madison on pest control . We don't know for sure the effect on growth but did observe stronger roots on some tests. Part of the key is to figure out how to vibrate a plant without damaging it. http://www.bugvibes.com/index.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom