Plants dying. New grower. Pls help.

• Thread starter Bubblehashluv4life
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bubblehashluv4life

Bubblehashluv4life

My plants leaves turn bright green and then die. Starting from bottom and spreading to top. Brown spots on leaves. Started with one indica. Now both sativas same thing happening. I dont want them to die. Especially mid flower. Pls help!

Plants dying new grower pls help
Plants dying new grower pls help 2
Plants dying new grower pls help 3
Plants dying new grower pls help 4
Plants dying new grower pls help 5
Ponky

Ponky

Calcium deficiency or lockout. What do you feed? And what kind of media is it. And how much water how often? Cal Mag. Most likely.

Bubblehashluv4life

Bubblehashluv4life

I feed tap water. Ph usually between 5.9-6.4. Straight from tap ph of 8.0 so i add ph down. My indica has shit scotts premium potting soil. And 2 sativas were in happy frog as seedling. Then transplanted to ocean forest. I water about once a week with 3-4mg of cal mag plus and a bit o fox farm bloom nutes. Pots are fabric. 5 gal for indica and 3 gal for 2 sativas.

Ponky

Ponky

When you mix this tap water do you aerate it first? Sometimes my ph will bounce. For example I can fill a bucket and ph it to 6.0. And I put the air stone in and come back hour later and it's back up to near 8.0. So I add a bit more PH down. Come back and then it finally holds a ph of 6.0.
Another corrective course of action I sometimes use is just rinsing the plant with the hose to wash out the soil. Then feed it like normal the next watering.
The plants look a bit wired. Do you have a powerful light?

Bubblehashluv4life

Bubblehashluv4life

When you mix this tap water do you aerate it first? Sometimes my ph will bounce. For example I can fill a bucket and ph it to 6.0. And I put the air stone in and come back hour later and it's back up to near 8.0. So I add a bit more PH down. Come back and then it finally holds a ph of 6.0.
Another corrective course of action I sometimes use is just rinsing the plant with the hose to wash out the soil. Then feed it like normal the next watering.
The plants look a bit wired. Do you have a powerful light?
I do not aerate it atm. I should prolly start tho. I have a spider farmer s2000 led light. I also thought they look wiry. Maybe light is too far away. Its about 16" above plants at 80% power.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I would check the mediums ph using a tester of some sort. Or a slurry test or test runoff. Then if all the parameters are good then next step would be to add more cal mag.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
The one in the Scots premium has a lot of wood bark in it it's causing nitrogen draw down from the plant in first pic the bark is taking N away from your plant as the bark compost down . Regards OD .

Bubblehashluv4life

Bubblehashluv4life

The one in the Scots premium has a lot of wood bark in it it's causing nitrogen draw down from the plant in first pic the bark is taking N away from your plant as the bark compost down . Regards OD .
Omg. Ty so much. I will increase nitrogen immediately. But what about my sativas in ocean forest? Same thing is happening to them.

corn.everywhere

corn.everywhere

I'm not terribly experienced, but 16" at 80 percent on that light seems like alot. this is my first run with my sf2000 I've had to keep mine 24-30 inches above the canopy, I initially had it a bit lower at like 80 percent and my girls didnt like it one bit, some bleaching and very slow growth. I'm also in veg so I'm sure that makes a difference

Pondracer

Pondracer

I use 800w Mammoth Folds and even at 90%, within 10" the plants are not showing stress. Probably depends a lot on strain and light.

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

You probably have too much calcium rather than not enough. While beneficial, too much locks out a lot of nutrients like P and K. Stop using the Ph down, since the Calcium is already buffering down the Ph for a bit and add some kelp meal.
Might be too late for this run to make a HUGE turn around, but you should see big improvement (especially from dropping the ph down) and gain knowledge for the next go.

Top Bottom