Please help choosing between these 2 cobs LED lights

• Thread starter Xantac
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Which light would you choose for a 4x6 area 100% for Vegging?

• OPTIC 6 GEN3 COB LED Grow Light 605W (UV/IR) 3000k & 5000k COBs

• CREE CXB3590 COB LED Grow Light Full Spectrum, CF Grow 400W Dimmable High Intensity LED

Results are only viewable after voting.
X

Xantac

Hello, I have two grow tents, a gorilla 5x9 for flowering only, and a TopoGrow 2-in-1 Indoor Grow Tent 108"X48"X80" ONLY for vegging, cloning, and starting seedlings. I bought an optic 8+ 120 Degree and and Optic 6 for the gorilla but the optic 8+ came dented and beat up so they gave 200$ off and I ordered a 2nd optic 8+ for the gorilla. (now I have the optic 6 also boxed up)
I also already had these nice cree cobs from amazon for my "veg" tent and wondered if I should keep the optic 6 instead.
Here's links to both lights.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XPX281Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Thanks for any help, and again this will be primarily for vegging.

stp

stp

I can't help with a suggestion, I am new to indoors and still waiting on the light I think I ordered. I'd consider buying the 6 if you don't use it.

BigCube

BigCube

How tall is your flower tent?
5x9 would need like 4 of those lights.
If your tent is less than 6ft tall. I suggest not using cobs.

stp

stp

I am supposed to be picking up a quintet of daisies from Timber this week and had there not been any issues with my pick up date, I would have highly recommended them but those optic 6 are making me re-think things.

BigCube

BigCube

I am supposed to be picking up a quintet of daisies from Timber this week and had there not been any issues with my pick up date, I would have highly recommended them but those optic 6 are making me re-think things.

Those would have to be so far away from your canopy, it would render half of your grow space useless.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Those would have to be so far away from your canopy, it would render half of your grow space useless.

Big Cube is đź’Ż. have you looked at Quatum boards of HLG? These offer much more room to grow and I find them ideal for tent applications

stp

stp

Well I’ve already got loss with the fan and filter inside, so the light can only go so high before we hit the fan. I’ve considered QB boards but I’m not building my own and who knows when HLG will get stuff back in stock. These light have to hang 18”veg/12” flower min. Plan was 4’ height per plant if I’m going one or two pots. The par ratings and build quality of the Timbers and being local are why I’m going that route. QB boards recommend 20” from plant so not sure how you figure the Timbers will eat up more space? Also having only one light go bad versus the whole light going bad appeals to me. But I was really close to going QB. Their footprint gets more of a drop off for my 4x4 than how I can configure these Daisies.

BigCube

BigCube

You are in a 5x9? If I was you, I would use florecent. Any LED you put in there, you're goi g to need ateast 2 of them, more likely 4. Just to have a usable footprint.

With florecent you get way more even distribution of light, easily serviceable and replaceable parts, low temps, almost led efficiency. A couple 4x4s would do it I'm sure.

Something like 2 of these.
T5 Grow Light (4ft 4lamps) DL844s Ho Fluorescent Hydroponic Fixture Bloom Veg Daisy Chain with Bulbs

Top Bottom