Please assist me? Ugh

• Thread starter ThatCrazyStonerChick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Urbangrowthbounder

Urbangrowthbounder

This is my first grow and I am messing it up pretty good. I've made almost every mistake you can think of so far. Read on man. It's bad.

My seeds germinated fine. I transplanted them into a soil that I mixed myself with organic potting soil from home depot, pearlite, and peat. First I didn't have the lights low enough and they stretched. Moved to a few inches away from the 900w LED. Made the classic rookie mistake of overwatering. Got fungus gnats. Got rid of them using food grade Diatomaceous earth. Repotted them deeper to encourage more root growth and let medium dry out a bit. Temp is 77 with the use of a heater and RH is 60%. Running a box fan on low and a programmable humidifier. They are in a grow room that I created, which has no exhaust/ ventilation until this weekend. I'm trying to PH my water to 5.5, but it ends up at about 5.7.

My questions are: The bottom leaves are yellowing and I have very slow growth. What caused it and can I fix it? Seeds are expensive and I can't afford this chit. If it's the soil (I don't have a soil PH tester), can I change it out or is it too late for that? I'm not going to stress them out more than I have and I need to save them. I'm truly medical and can't afford to buy at the dispensary any more.
The pic I'm attaching is from a plant germ'd on 1/15, planted on 1/17. Today is 1/29. This is the only plant that is yellowing, but they all have stunted growth. Please tell me they are salvageable.
I have tried to play God to when I first started some 30 yrs ago. If your plants stunt then you have a rooting problem. That will happen when you make your own medium especially when you are starting seeds. I like to start with either a premix (ocean forest) from fox farms is a good soil mix. I add a small amount of Azos from xtreme gardening which really help root growth and nutrient uptake. Also I have found a good florescent grow panel promotes good growth for seedling and are easier to co trol the heat factor, is a must be consistant and humidity is in your Godly power. Don't try to hard to make the perfect professional grow until you can master the basics. Yes you should be able to salvage the plants provided the roots are healthy enough. If the seeds are feminized then just concentrate on a happy plants. If not then the female to male ratio is going to be very low. Hope this helps. Good luck and relax it will come in time.

SickBoy420

SickBoy420

So...no Sadé? That must be my problem. They've been in their final press for a while now. I took clones and butchered them baaahaahaa! Ohhh well. They're just starting to flower. And apparently I took one clone and it was too far into flower and is budding in the solo cup. I'll post pics. Btw, I got these grow bags which have multiple drainage holes, but they just do not let the soil dry out at all. I have to repot them and go easier on the water. I got the gnats bc my soil was crappy and way too dense. I just never got rid of them. I have a bunch od other stuff growing with them so it's a bit jungley in there. I'm in the process od moving stuff around right now though. I have plants in 3 different spots.
I just remembered I found something weird with one od the big ones. I'm going to post that too. I think it's light burn but that's not really logical because they're not on the top of the plant.
Reveg that. Pull the bud off and let it reveg , monstercrop her. You will have branches from every angle.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

I have tried to play God to when I first started some 30 yrs ago. If your plants stunt then you have a rooting problem. That will happen when you make your own medium especially when you are starting seeds. I like to start with either a premix (ocean forest) from fox farms is a good soil mix. I add a small amount of Azos from xtreme gardening which really help root growth and nutrient uptake. Also I have found a good florescent grow panel promotes good growth for seedling and are easier to co trol the heat factor, is a must be consistant and humidity is in your Godly power. Don't try to hard to make the perfect professional grow until you can master the basics. Yes you should be able to salvage the plants provided the roots are healthy enough. If the seeds are feminized then just concentrate on a happy plants. If not then the female to male ratio is going to be very low. Hope this helps. Good luck and relax it will come in time.

Although I'm not sure, I don't think they got anywhere near the height they should have. At all.

ThatCrazyStonerChick

ThatCrazyStonerChick

Reveg that. Pull the bud off and let it reveg , monstercrop her. You will have branches from every angle.
I just watched a you tube video on super cropping the other day. Scared the chit or of me.

• Haha
Reactions: Ina
Bigdope916

Bigdope916

This is my first grow and I am messing it up pretty good. I've made almost every mistake you can think of so far. Read on man. It's bad.

My seeds germinated fine. I transplanted them into a soil that I mixed myself with organic potting soil from home depot, pearlite, and peat. First I didn't have the lights low enough and they stretched. Moved to a few inches away from the 900w LED. Made the classic rookie mistake of overwatering. Got fungus gnats. Got rid of them using food grade Diatomaceous earth. Repotted them deeper to encourage more root growth and let medium dry out a bit. Temp is 77 with the use of a heater and RH is 60%. Running a box fan on low and a programmable humidifier. They are in a grow room that I created, which has no exhaust/ ventilation until this weekend. I'm trying to PH my water to 5.5, but it ends up at about 5.7.

My questions are: The bottom leaves are yellowing and I have very slow growth. What caused it and can I fix it? Seeds are expensive and I can't afford this chit. If it's the soil (I don't have a soil PH tester), can I change it out or is it too late for that? I'm not going to stress them out more than I have and I need to save them. I'm truly medical and can't afford to buy at the dispensary any more.
The pic I'm attaching is from a plant germ'd on 1/15, planted on 1/17. Today is 1/29. This is the only plant that is yellowing, but they all have stunted growth. Please tell me they are salvageable.
I haven’t read the whole forum but here’s my opinion.. you need raise the ph to 6.4-6.8. Happy medium of 6.5 should do the trick and also add nutrients once a week for these young ones if the soil is nutrient free and you haven’t added any. Also I would up the humidity to around 75 percent for the little guys. They like the moisture when they’re younger. Once they get bigger you can drop it to around 60%. I think with some nutrients, ph water flush, and a little more moisture they should make a rebound in no time

Tommy626

Tommy626

972CC4E1 9E88 48C1 9A1E DAB0B6B7C762
B5C9C7AB 71CB 4564 A0D6 C3EB587BD35E
6EF4C372 1ACE 401F ADB8 82AC35A56FDC

Tommy626

Tommy626

Deficiencies or disease? Sorry to interrupt but I’m trying to find someone to diagnose without guessing

Purepiff

Purepiff

Molassaes and water? Don't have her dump sugar water in her plants that shit is so played out and will do more harm if they aren't healthy already

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Molassaes and water? Don't have her dump sugar water in her plants that shit is so played out and will do more harm if they aren't healthy already
The molasses was for the benefit of the microorganisms in the living soil system. Slowly, over time, people started to add the molasses in because living soil, when it is done right, is great. The problem with living soil is that it is more difficult to do correctly than growing buds... unless you have the micro-biome to use the molasses, you are just putting sugar into the soil with no benefit to the plant.
It is the same as adding sugar to grape juice but having no yeast to use the sugar... you end up with very sweet grape juice. The idea sounds wonderful and organic and kind, etc etc.... but it doesn't help things out unless you have the proper soil to use the molasses, which is broken down into compounds that the plant uses. No microbes (of the right kind), no benefits. I'm sure I'll get my ass handed to me for making this bold statement, but I've grown long enough to know fact from fiction. Living soil is great, but not easily done. Molasses just makes for sticky soil, otherwise. Roots can't absorb sugars.

Purepiff

Purepiff

Plants roots excrete enough sugars to feed the microbes. I understand the mentality of what u think ur doing but to tell somebody with sick looking pma ts to add molasses isn't productive or helpful. Tbh it is not benefitting ur pkant by adding molasses but to each their own

Top Bottom