Purple StarDawg starting to flower.......

• Thread starter SSHZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SSHZ

Thanks everyone. It sure is exciting- it's a very nice plant. More pic's while drying will be posted and a smoke report will follow in a couple of weeks.

old skool

old skool

Premium Member
Supporter
Great pics and tasty looking nugs. Any update on the smell?

S

SSHZ

I just went in and squeezed some buds.......a weak PINE-SOL is my best description on the smell.

old skool

old skool

Premium Member
Supporter
They look like they had plenty of tlc and thanks for the smell update. enjoy in the new year

P

paulycali

Stunning :)

Lovin the colors on those ladies

Great job for sure

Cant wait for the dried pics :)

S

SSHZ

It's basically dried now.....just going thru a slow cure. You can see the results in the tupperware- one plant yielded about 35 grams and the other yielded over 80 grams. I attribute that to: one plant leaned towards the purple afghani pheno- short, bushy, finished earlier, deeper purple coloring- as opposed to the StarDawg parent which looked similar to the Super StarDawg I did last crop- which was taller, thicker spear cola's, heavy yielder. But PURPLE is the name of the game with this strain.

Give me a couple days and I'll do a detailed smoke report.......

An afterthought: I kept 1 plant- the heavier yielder that leaned towards the StarDawg. The other pheno just didn't yield enough to become a keeper.

IMGP0732
IMGP0733
IMGP0734
S

SSHZ

Here's the final product......... Purple StarDawg in all her glory. All 3 pic's were done under different light. It's the nicest item I've done from TopDawg Seeds and I've done a bunch. It was done at 63 days, tons of purple and dark purple (almost black) coloring with rust color hairs. Out of 10 seeds, I ended up with 2 females. One leaned towards the Purple Afghani and the other towards the StarDawg parent. I kept the StarDawg leaning plant for future consideration. Quite potent, probably a 9/10. Maybe higher, we'll see. It doesn't have a particularly enjoyable taste (I like fruity/spicey) when smoking, it's more acrid in taste, a bit sour I guess- tasty because of it's unusual-ness though. It's strong, hits your head almost instantly and builds over a short while. I've only smoked it a few times since I'm smoking/testing other things from the crop- but I kept a few oz's so I could develop a strong and lasting relationship with it. LOL

When you add it all up, this is a definite keeper on many levels. The StarDawg pheno yielded quite well, has great coloring and top-shelf bag appeal, smell and taste like few other items I've seen. It seems to have it all. I'm guessing if the mother comes thru the re-veg healthy and well, my people will be seeing this item for years to come.

If you have any specific questions, fire away. And I will too!

IMGP0759
IMGP0752
IMGP0758
genepool

genepool

well that is what I'm talking about! Stellar job with these buds, I can now see the keeper I hope to find. Bravo!

ExoticGenetix

ExoticGenetix

Tight Ass Farmer
Looks killer. Nicely done bud. Big fan here!

H

Hydr0mike

How was the yield compared to other top dawg strains you have run?

I

ismokepot

The Afghani leaning pheno yielded lousy, slightly over 1 oz. This plant was quite a bit smaller than the StarDawg leaning pheno, which I kept and yielded slightly over 2.5 oz. Here's a pic of it revegging right now.......and the pic was taken thru color-correcting sunglasses. It ain't pretty right now but there's loads of new, green growth and in a month or two this mother will be pumping out cuttings like there's no tomorrow.....

IMGP0771
G

gooey

never seen one that took on the purple afgani like yours did i have seen one which is a mix i would say...very potent peace

I

ismokepot

Here's the reveg of the same plant 2 post back.....it's in day 13 of flowering and healthy. Loads of small bud sites and I have high hopes for this single plant.

IMGP0793
M

MANUTD21

Last few days before being chopped down. Tomorrow is 9 weeks in flowering and I'm seeing about 10% or slightly more amber tric's. It's finishing bottom up- lower stuff is more done than the top buds pictured. I quick dried a few pieces over the last week in a food dehydrator and although it wiped out taste and smell, the potency was mighty fine. Out of the 34 plants of varying strains grown this time around, this single plant will be the only one kept for further evaluation.......
when did your buds start to go purple mate.i know a kid who has his purple dawgs in at m,o and is at day 35 and no sign of purple yet and he has low temps

Usmcone

Usmcone

Well, with only mild success with the Super StarDawgs (I think I harvested too early at day 72), I tried to sprout 10 seeds of the Purple Dawgs. Only 5 sprouted, and 2 were females. The first plant is leaning more towards the StarDawg and the second plant leans more to the Afghani parent. I'm in day 9 of flowering after a 28 day veg period....... nothing exciting to report otherwise.
Where did you find the purple stardawg seeds??

Latest posts

Top Bottom