Putting 5 autoflowers inside garbage bags to cover the smell momentarily?

• Thread starter Rastakari2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rastakari2

Hi everyone,

I currently have 5 autoflowers in my 70x70x160 cm tent and they are two weeks in to flowering. In about 4 weeks of time I have some people coming to do some repairment work to my one room apartment and I can’t have the tent visible to them then.

I would hate to cut my ladies down early so I am thinking that would it work to cover the smell completely if I put the plants each individually inside many big garbage bags?

If it would work well smell wise, how long could the plants stay like this and not suffer too much?

In the future, I might have people come to my apartment at any point of the flowering cycle, so I really would need a method for how to store my plants outside of my tent for a moment at any point of their lifecycle while covering their smell compiletely.

Any help is much appriciated!

Last edited:
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Light-wise, the plants could probably be covered for a day or two. My power has gone out for two days and the plant did okay. Humidity inside the bag might also be a problem because mold would like it, so it would help to remove the bags, when possible, to let the plants dry.

A charcoal filter for the tent can really help with the smell. We also have an air purifier in our grow room that helps a lot. Ours is a Winix 5500-2.

R

Rastakari2

Light-wise, the plants could probably be covered for a day or two. My power has gone out for two days and the plant did okay. Humidity inside the bag might also be a problem because mold would like it, so it would help to remove the bags, when possible, to let the plants dry.

A charcoal filter for the tent can really help with the smell. We also have an air purifier in our grow room that helps a lot. Ours is a Winix 5500-2.
Yeah, humidity I guess is my main comcern doing this. Were your plants in closed garbage bags for those two days?

Thanks for the tip with charcoal filter. But I do have smell control inside my tent. Is it just that how do I put down the tent for about a day and have the plants hidden somewherw without smelling at all

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

Hi everyone,

I currently have 5 autoflowers in my 70x70x160 cm tent and they are two weeks in to flowering. In about 4 weeks of time I have some people coming to do some repairment work to my one room apartment and I can’t have the tent visible to them then.

I would hate to cut my ladies down early so I am thinking that would it work to cover the smell completely if I put the plants each individually inside many big garbage bags?

If it would work well smell wise, how long could the plants stay like this and not suffer too much?

In the future, I might have people come to my apartment at any point of the flowering cycle, so I really would need a method for how to store my plants outside of my tent for a moment at any point of their lifecycle while covering their smell compiletely.

Any help is much appriciated!
If you have smell controls inside of your tent, then inside of your tent is the best place for them to be.
That being said my 70 inch wall mounted flatscreen TV recently took a shit on me and it just happened to be in the same room that I have my grow tent with four plants that were about to flip to flower.
I had to have it fixed so I bought a large painters canvas and covered the tent.
When the guys came I told them to be very careful around the canvas tarp because I have very sensitive equipment in there lol .
They didn’t even give it a thought. Did their work ended up having to come back a week later, and I tarred it up again.
Good luck!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
start cooking up a stinky spicey recipe to stink up the house,. hahaha
back in the day i’d just smoke up and wouldn’t care and more times than not the workers were totally cool and wish they could smoke, or they just didn’t care, and i had a lot to lose back than,.. highly risky in my case,..

7munkee

7munkee

Make a boiled dinner. Corn beef, cabbage, potatoes, onions and carrots. Nothing will stink up your place like cabbage that has been cooking for several hours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom