Questions for a friends plants

• Thread starter Thunderstrut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thunderstrut

Thunderstrut

A friend of mine sent me a picture of his plants and asked what the issue could be from. I'm not experienced enough to really help so I figure id post here and see if he can get some advice.

The info I have so far is this happened after watering, his light is set high and dimmed, temps are in the 70s, and he is feeding recommended amount.

If any other info is needed I can provide. Thanks!
Questions for a friends plants

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I would guess over-watering, light burn, maybe a pH issue causing an Mg deficiency…

Hard to say for sure, without more information.

Thunderstrut

Thunderstrut

I would guess over-watering, light burn, maybe a pH issue causing an Mg deficiency…

Hard to say for sure, without more information.
Yeah I've been working on some more info, but I'm not sure what all to ask to narrow it down haha. I'm having him download a lux meter to see kind of what he's getting for light. He waters about a half a water bottles worth every two days so overwatering could be it for sure.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

@Ponky has the quickest and probably best solution for plants in small pots like this. If your friend can get some decent organic potting soil, made for cannabis (like Fox Farms Ocean Forest, for example, though there are plenty of others), just transplant, shaking off as much of the old soil as possible, without damaging roots.

Any light burn issues might have been resolved (assuming there were any), because the upper parts of the plants are not burnt.

Thunderstrut

Thunderstrut

@Ponky has the quickest and probably best solution for plants in small pots like this. If your friend can get some decent organic potting soil, made for cannabis (like Fox Farms Ocean Forest, for example, though there are plenty of others), just transplant, shaking off as much of the old soil as possible, without damaging roots.

Any light burn issues might have been resolved (assuming there were any), because the upper parts of the plants are not burnt.
I mentioned that too him as well, that the tops looked good so its probably alright now. I did pass along the info so hes going to do that today. Hes even more of a newbie than I am so its basically a blind man trying to lead a blind man across the street when it comes to diagnosing so I appreciate the advise!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

He uses the recommended amount of what fertilizer? For small plants, it is better to use 1/4-1/2 strength what the label says.

Thunderstrut

Thunderstrut

He uses the recommended amount of what fertilizer? For small plants, it is better to use 1/4-1/2 strength what the label says.
miracle grow at the moment. that should be changing soon, dude just needs to come get some of my GH flora series since itll take me years to go through anyway.

Thunderstrut

Thunderstrut

That's a good light, recommended height above plants is 24"-36" during veg, maybe it's too close like aquaman said.
yeah i cant wait to grab one for myself lol. in need of an upgrade. i let him know of all the recommendations people have been giving so hes been working on those.

Latest posts

Top Bottom