removing dome on rockwoll

• Thread starter hydro8139
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hydro8139

hydro8139

My previous post i had bad stretching and a about a 60% germination rate. My question is when should I remove the dome from my rockwool dome.. I have 16 seeds and about 6 have popped up I dont want to hurt the rest by removing the dome and lowering light but I also dont want to wait to long enough the stretch. lmk what you think I posted an updated pic of last batch just to show progress also

Removing dome on rockwoll
Removing dome on rockwoll 2
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah seedlings will appreciate 70-80% humidity I would at least have the vents open. Clones like 90+% because no root system but a seed has one from the start. To humid you risk damping off.

hydro8139

hydro8139

welp removed the dome last night this happened over night. guess that was a bad move

20191107 064311
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

welp removed the dome last night this happened over night. guess that was a bad move
What was the humidity in the room? Like I said they like 70-80%. Tiny plants don't do well with drastic environmental changes. If you can't get them well over 60% put the dome on and open the vents. Hopefully they bounce back. Try to acclimate slowly whenever making environmental changes on tiny plants.

Top Bottom