Removing foliage from autos or not?

• Thread starter Foster823
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foster823

Foster823

My Zkittlez auto has yellowing fan leaves and I can’t figure out why. She’s in FFOF soil 3gal pot ph 6.48. I have 4 others with no issues. Should I remove the yellow leaves or leave them be. I’m afraid to stunt her and I know autos or touchy.I should mention this is part of my first grow

Removing foliage from autos or not
mjab702

mjab702

At this point I would strip the plant of fan leaves. IMO those leaves are just a drain on the plant. I will keep 1 or 2 good fan leaves ,if available , just for nutrient indicators for the plant......At least that is what I did and it worked out pretty good for me.

weed_weasel

weed_weasel

My Zkittlez auto has yellowing fan leaves and I can’t figure out why. She’s in FFOF soil 3gal pot ph 6.48. I have 4 others with no issues. Should I remove the yellow leaves or leave them be. I’m afraid to stunt her and I know autos or touchy.I should mention this is part of my first grow
I would remove them, they are of no benefit to the plant in that state.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

You most certainly prune an autoflower, but you do it to improve airflow or get those branches into the light, but sometimes i completely de foliate, sometimes just a bit, see pics this is what im running, some strains take pruneing fine some dislike it so it may slow up for a few.

20210801 093811
20210801 093921
quirk

quirk

I see 15 that are useless. There is probably a few more I can't see. It won't stunt or bother that plant one iota.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Be glad you had the leaves for the girl to cannibalize, getting close?
The leaves get to a point where a good stiff breeze will take them down.

Foster823

Foster823

Thanks I ended up cleaning her up and hoping for the best

Top Bottom