Root Rot Issues

• Thread starter grimeoner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

grimeoner

Hey guys,

new to the forums here! looking for help.
Strain: GDP
Hydro (DWC) 5 gallon black bucket 2 Air stones.
Nutrients: Advance nutrients sensi grow A&B, B52,Cal/Mag and Voodoo jucie- which i stopped using this week.
cycle: Veg week 3 this friday.
Light: BlackDog LED 600
Temps: 79-84
Humidity: 37-45
Ph: 5.8
PPM 700

Problem: This past Sunday June 23 i woke up to check my lady and she was limp and looked like she isn't getting water or she was over watered. which seemed odd cause of DWC aspect. So i left the lid and noticed a brownish algae or slime on my roots didn't look dark like root rot so i didn't touch her. Monday afternoon i noticed a smell when i go to check ph. The browning got darker so at this point i think its root rot. i read where to use H2o2 to help with root rot. all i had was 3% until my hydro store opened on Tuesday all the browning when a way and back to normal. Tuesday i go to the hydro store get 35% h202 and hydro guard. Changed the rez and added my hydro guard, sensi grow A&B, B52,Cal/Mag and SLF-100. Wednesday i didn't noticed any difference in plant growth or size just adjusted my ph. Thursday June 26th i come home to check ph and noticed the smell right away and all of my roots were brown and clumped together, so i add my 35% h2o2 at 3ml per gallon. I put 2 frozen water bottles a day in the rez to keep my water temps down. I've also taken one of the air stones out. I need help getting my plant back to health and keeping the root rot situation away.

IMG 0290
IMG 0291
B

Burned Haze

Prevention from the get go/start is the key?

thought of this product when I think of hydro and bad pathogen /keeping healthy long term plants ( this stuff applied will last for up to 10-12 weeks )
(I am no in way affiliated with the company Or Trying to advertising below, just thought it was useful and I like it, have used it/still do )

RootShield® PLUS+ WP
Root Disease Control | Biological Fungicide
BENEFITS
RootShield PLUS Granules and WP

• Grows on roots, "shielding" them against root-damaging fungi
  • Controls up to 12 weeks
  • Two active ingredients (Trichoderma harzianum strain T-22, and Trichoderma virens strain G-41)
  • Preventative control of major root diseases including soilborne Phytophthora sp.
  • Also controls diseases caused by Rhizoctonia”

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom