Russet Mites Discussion

• Thread starter idiophonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yes at that scale one plant can mess things up for 50k plants it’s why we are vigilant and have a crew that does daily. Individual plant inspections and we restrict who and what they wear in the space. It’s all about control of the environment including clothing. If any worker moonlights or grows their own they keep a set of clothes at the grow that never leaves the grow, we have uniforms and on site laundering plus everyone wears full tyvek disposable bunny suits. The space around the building is manicured and sprayed weekly with a rotation of proprietary regiment of DE, sulfur, azamax/ green clean. I’ve had one plant in 5 yrs of growing that we had russets on. Praying to the weed gods we never see another one of those fuckers again. We do get the random bug but we also keep beneficial herds of predatory bugs. That we breed on site perpetually. Nematodes, and micro soil fungi herds. We strive to keep it as organic as possible. But we do rely on chemical /safe; Methods if things go out of hand. Thank god we hadn’t have to use any drastic measure in years. It’s why your grow space needs to be as restricted as possible. One hitchhiker on a buddy’s clothing as you can b screwed.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
So spraying sulfur dissolved in water is a better choice than dusting with the powder?
Yes spraying is preferred as it “wets” the surface that get into the nooks and crannies. I add SM90 yo sulfur as a wetting agent. It’s about being persistent and not missing life cycle of the bug.

ethcan

ethcan

Yes spraying is preferred as it “wets” the surface that get into the nooks and crannies. I add SM90 yo sulfur as a wetting agent. It’s about being persistent and not missing life cycle of the bug.

What kind of cultivars are you running in your greenhouse?

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Great for an all around IPM program. I really like there products. I also use there Regalia in the mix too, roots really enjoy this one.

idiophonics

idiophonics

I ended up throwing everything out, burning my clone closest. Bleaching every single tool and equipment. Bleached all the walls, floor and ceiling. Replaced all the duct work. Bug bombed. Waited a couple months. Got all new cutting from the emerald cup and started all over. Now not only do I check everyday, I have a IPM system for preventative. Changing it up every couple weeks, from Neem oil, to insecticidal soap, to plant therapy. Plus a constant cleaning of my shop, tools and clothing, I also where a lab coat and take it off as I leave the room.

sammy2

sammy2

I ended up throwing everything out, burning my clone closest. Bleaching every single tool and equipment. Bleached all the walls, floor and ceiling. Replaced all the duct work. Bug bombed. Waited a couple months. Got all new cutting from the emerald cup and started all over. Now not only do I check everyday, I have a IPM system for preventative. Changing it up every couple weeks, from Neem oil, to insecticidal soap, to plant therapy. Plus a constant cleaning of my shop, tools and clothing, I also where a lab coat and take it off as I leave the room.

All you need is safer insect soap. Spray your entire plant, top and bottom of the leaf. Three sprays over three day period will do the job. Don't use clones,thats how you get them. You can use this product in flower. I just had the problem you did, and I'm mite free. It also helps prevent powdery mildew.

Latest posts

Top Bottom