Second week flowering hydro

• Thread starter russiangrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

russiangrows

Hi, I have 3x3 tent with 2 waterfarms in it. 2x 400w hps. It's my first grow, I had 2 dosido clones. Second week of flowering just started, I put trellising net too late, so it's not really doing great job. Temps is around 80, rh around 50(I will turn off humidifier when buds will get bigger). No signs of problems so far. I also have DIY made co2 generator on yeast, and three fans(2 above plants and a tower fan laying on the ground).

Questions:
1. Distance between lamp and tallest colas is around 12" already. I'm afraid to burn them, so I was wondering if I can still bend colas under the net(they still really weak and soft)? Or should I just live it and try to raise my lamp to the max(I left few inches in case they stretch more)?
2. Should I defoliate my plants? I want to prune those leaves bellow the net, but some of them have little buds already growing...
3. Any additional advice?

Second week flowering hydro 6

20191027_003005.jpg
20191027_003012.jpg
20191027_003015.jpg
20191027_003200.jpg
20191027_003207.jpg

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

On the larger plant most of that material under the net will not do much, on the smaller one however just trim out the bottom third of growth.

Yes you can still weave the branches through the net, but it will not have the same benefit it would if you had used the net through the vegetative growth.

I would personally raise my light so it is 18" off the tops of the plants, but then again you have more light in there than I would have put in. 800 watts in a 3x3 is definitely a bit much. But since you aren't really seeing any heat issues you will be ok.

R

russiangrows

On the larger plant most of that material under the net will not do much, on the smaller one however just trim out the bottom third of growth.

Yes you can still weave the branches through the net, but it will not have the same benefit it would if you had used the net through the vegetative growth.

I would personally raise my light so it is 18" off the tops of the plants, but then again you have more light in there than I would have put in. 800 watts in a 3x3 is definitely a bit much. But since you aren't really seeing any heat issues you will be ok.
Thank you

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

After the stretch is when I do my last cleanup under the net and removing any leaves that are stacked up on top of eachother that may cause issues with airflow or condensate on the leaves. So it's actually a good time to do so if you are going to.

@Smoking Gun has ya covered

Top Bottom