Seedling roots HELP

• Thread starter anthony6969
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

anthony6969

I have just transplanted 4 of my ak48s in to compost because i had them in soil out of the garden,whilst i was washing the roots off i noticed a small(looked like white mold) On 1 of the plants roots near the top is this root rot and also whilst transplanting another 1 of my seedlings i accedentily snapped the last 1/3 of the root off will this plant survive or die for sure. they are in 1 litre pots of all purpose compost without any perlite or anything.

X

xtheghostx

As far as it being root rot I would need a pic to give you any advice. The other plant should survive if you get it replanted and watered.

C

cell

It may be a mold just growing in the dirt from too much moisture. Your using compost w/o perlite, so there isn't any water retention. You might be over watering. If so try to stick your finger into the dirt next time your watering, if about 1/2in of your finger feels cool and moist under the surface your good for another day. You want moist not saturated.

As for that one little girl who's lost some of her roots, they'll grow back, let her be and she'll take care of herself, granted you are maintaining her ecosystem.

A

anthony6969

thanx for all your advice they are growing strong now with there second set of true leaves starting to grow, the one that lost the root has grown slowlly and the one that germinated last is now the biggest with the biggest second leaves, when i rubbed one of the leaves with my thum then smelt it i can already smell the lovelly aroma at 6/7 days, cant wait to get paid, build my grow box and buy my HPS

Top Bottom