L.Bs ongoing growing

• Thread starter London bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funk junky

Funk junky

How many generations of taking clones from clones can you get away with before problems occur?
A clone is a cell from the doner it is same, problems occur if they are not healthy or there environment changes. I’ve heard all about genetic drift but in my eyes this results from human error.
In a scientific set up in exactly the same you will get exactly the same.
But the only change I would say could happen is if growing from seed depending on strain size and potential. I’ve grown the seed mother out and took clones before.
Think it was white gold from sensi my least favourite seed was sickly sweet sugary, on second run this was my favourite went blueberry.
If growing tropical sativas though you may find the plant needs 4 months to express it’s adult form, or a consistent outcome. A lot of people that play with these say flower out your 3 choices 3 times your least favourite might become your keeper. Some of these plants can grow thirty foot the Northern Territory Australians are particularly good at this, they kept a lot of seeds from when Thai sticks were there biggest imports.

Funk junky

Funk junky

Known folk have a strain for 20 years, so they don't sound like they're affected by years of cloning.
I know shantibabba replaces his breeding stock with a clone think every year don’t quote me advising to give them at least some natural light through there life.
I’m not sure what’s happening with him these days.
Will have to check have grown some of his stuff and was nice.
Heard hermie problems. But I would not go by that.
Had hermie myself but down to my error not his fell asleep twice with door open. Was traveling far after hard days work.
These had Neville shoenmackers haze c or maybe haze a as a big component.
From the research I’ve done over the years and dj short agrees in comments I’ve seen.
Tropical sativas seem to have the hermaphroditism gene naturally, or I should say equatorial maybe?
I think this is a natural survival instinct as at the equator it’s 12-12 every day, in fact I think there is a very small swing probably where the earth doesn’t spin symmetrical that can trigger flowering.
Now what I’ve heard is when the war on drugs started and there was a major swing to indoor. The pioneers in the USA started introducing indica, this cut down the hermies and of course node length making it more manageable for indoor. But I believe there was trade off in quality, there’s some guys on here that were around in those days and maybe they could shed light on this?

Funk junky

Funk junky

Next round I'll defo go with single colas, aswel as maybe getting a bit more weight it'll just be tidier and airier. I had to much difference in height between the plants this time so I topped them to level the canopy, I've got one plant left in there which still has one main cola
Same, sometimes I think it'd be best not to come on ere
[/
Coming up 830pm ere now, its lights off at 9.
It's the 3rd night of 12/12 tonight and I'm already noticing the canopy getting thicker. It's very dense in there,
I may have to defoliate a little or turn my fan up, or both.
I gave them all a feed today, I gave a lollipop lollipop

Funk junky

Funk junky

Lollipop as a just sea of green top heads.
Sorry to hear about woman scorned. My ex were still close but had to put here arms length as she lost plot one day and threatened to do worse make phone call so she didn’t have to rip up plants, I very nearly ditched the whole crop after a lot rocking back and forth like a looney I continued but really effected me at the time.
But I did notice she got jealous of them as if they were human.
Thing is she wouldn’t phone when I didn’t have work to do then as soon watering day bang need you here, give me an hour, no now!
Still don’t know how she senced I was giving them attention but she knew!!

London bud

London bud

I got them two up the forest and in the ground. They're tucked right up.
IMG 20190703 154119
IMG 20190703 150032
IMG 20190703 150116
IMG 20190703 174814
IMG 20190703 151908

They looked a bit sad when I left them, its been near on a week now, I haven't been back but hopefully they've picked up now. Gonna have a quick look in on the way to work tomo. I got another one out there that was getting on great last time I checked. Looking forward to seeing them.

My indoor girls are doing ok, no complaints. Normal stuff happening
39days into 12/12 .
IMG 20190708 200638

IMG 20190709 180201

IMG 20190709 175933

IMG 20190709 174837

And finally... For those interested
I now have two plants, be it only small plants. They are a cutting, from a cutting, from a cutting from the seed plant.
Both are growing a few 4 blade leaves.
I can't remember who it was now but someone back in this thread said that the stage these plants are at now was when the cuttings would start to show abnormalities in growth when taking a cutting from a cutting from a cutting. You were bang on
IMG 20190709 192309

IMG 20190709 192137

IMG 20190709 192051

Last edited:
Funk junky

Funk junky

My Personal feelings on that are because you’re sort of battery farming them.
The doner is not strong enough?
But don’t have field work on this and was trying to research this sometime ago.
When you take a cutting from from a plant science tells us that it’s just a cel, it’s identical to the doner.
Environmental factors can change cuttings. say with og kush there are different og’s cause they grow outside at different latitudes and inland and coastal I would say creates a totally different environment.
Hawaii is especially revered for it’s cannabis or was until Reagan’s war on drugs (that’s a joke the CIA were using there planes to ship cocaine to the USA because communism was a bigger problem so some citizens are collateral apparently?)
Operation green merchant commenced to save Hawaii from its self. One of the best I don’t know personally producers of cannabis ever, think the volcanic rock was a reason. My friend uses basalt rock dust and this is probably best in world . Listen man be vigilant out there you can’t choose a spot where anyone has reason to go, also chop your paths.
Don’t create visible paths. I know they have revamped that part of town but can you guarantee no crack whores are gonna see a quiet place?

London bud

London bud

My Personal feelings on that are because you’re sort of battery farming them.
The doner is not strong enough?
But don’t have field work on this and was trying to research this sometime ago.
When you take a cutting from from a plant science tells us that it’s just a cel, it’s identical to the doner.
Environmental factors can change cuttings. say with og kush there are different og’s cause they grow outside at different latitudes and inland and coastal I would say creates a totally different environment.
Hawaii is especially revered for it’s cannabis or was until Reagan’s war on drugs (that’s a joke the CIA were using there planes to ship cocaine to the USA because communism was a bigger problem so some citizens are collateral apparently?)
Operation green merchant commenced to save Hawaii from its self. One of the best I don’t know personally producers of cannabis ever, think the volcanic rock was a reason. My friend uses basalt rock dust and this is probably best in world . Listen man be vigilant out there you can’t choose a spot where anyone has reason to go, also chop your paths.
Don’t create visible paths. I know they have revamped that part of town but can you guarantee no crack whores are gonna see a quiet place?
Maybe, lets see how the next generation goes from them then, im predicting more further abnormalities. Got a little while till I can get a cut from them though.
U literally gotta jump over two walls like that one my bikes on top of to get to the spot. Its totally inaccessible. Its literally impossible to wander upon them.

Funk junky

Funk junky

Here bro I used to do this all the time in less densely populated parts. There’s tricks but I grew ten years doing this at same latitude. In more remote locations west of London.
I think unless you have inspected this place in early spring, and think that’s enough safe from prying eyes you are cruising for a bruising.
Expect same visibility that you find early spring cause that gonna be same come harvest!
You are also putting yourself at risk if you are caught at spot if you also have indoor grow on.
Then if you haven’t chose a strain that Finnish in our climate you’re wasting energy. Autos are a good choice if you use super autos or elevated normal autos. If you time this for early August will turn out like indoor.
Without darkened if darkened better you will end up will produce that will be harsher. It’s still more balanced but thought I heard you say about a funding venture?
If so hard to shot at same measure.

Funk junky

Funk junky

I used to find d killer spots, didn’t stop me crying though when six months work went down drain. I never had it so eggs were in one basket that would have been the last of me lol

Funk junky

Funk junky

Hey one thing I will say is if problems aren’t enough to make you give up, the actually dealing with the problems can advance your learning so much. Mistakes make for an extremely good bedfellows I actually found myself having to do risky things to experience an education.
It’s like what I say how can you judge good or bad if you only encounter one. Learning tools brother lol

London bud

London bud

I used to find d killer spots, didn’t stop me crying though when six months work went down drain. I never had it so eggs were in one basket that would have been the last of me lol
No work involved now, I don't water them or do nothing. Not really interested in auto bud myself although I know theyll finish outside here, I just wanted to test it this year and seen if they'll finish oitside or not, gota good chance I think, just need a nice autumn which I think is well possible. Big up global warming lol
I'm 50/50 whether they'll make it but its no loss if they don't. I got loads of plants.
If it works though next year I will plant a field.
And as for the risk "he who dares, wins" as Del boy put it.

Funk junky

Funk junky

I’m expecting Indian summer I only had one year that when it rains this much and we don’t get shine till time

Funk junky

Funk junky

I’ll tell you a story. I was once growing next to a moterway in the little bit where they put up trees and the bit they fenced of to stop animals straying onto the road. Unless I had my bike and could peddle round they long way I had to cross a bridge where there was a gay dogging spot. Even got followed one day by some fella. This guy looked twin to Sven Goran Erickson who was training England football team two junctions away.
Can’t be certain of course but when he disappeared quite quick when he realised that was not my game and he if he kept following me it would be my foot up his arse.
Thought nothing of it till the police started putting up posters saying public descency would me prosecuted if visible.
That seemed to prompt them to cross the bridge into my domain.
And I once had to jump the fence after finding a dirty tissue and condoms.
I was in my cautious days and had cut a crawling tunnel through brambles till spot. Did not make me feel less violated, he must have been gripped fence I crossed.
Don’t worry Im not anti gay mystep uncle is and is friends with a lot of eastender cast. And is my friend.
Just don’t know why so promiscuous in public especially as beauty spot with Easter egg hunts and stuff going on. Everyone be themselves though

Funk junky

Funk junky

People go places until it doesn’t look desirable finding a good spot is hard. Training them to run along a wall or fence in a back garden is good because of the micro climate.
What I used to do in your situation years ago was take cutting s off my seed plants. About a month knocked off maybe more but was not perpetual. This was not a problem as I wanted and still do, try many strains! Flower cuts and then do another strain

Funk junky

Funk junky

Give them some rhizotonic boost there roots. Around August 15th should start flowering cycle. Should be able to give them a nitrogen feed shortly after then sit back for bit? Bolster them before flowering. So they have the strength for a push

London bud

London bud

6 weeks of 12/12 yesterday.
I've had a problem in my property (which I rent) this week that has meant the landord visiting and various tradesmen. On two days this week I've had to move my plants to another location to avoid detection, so risky. and take all ten set up down.
They've just been sat in a bath with no set up and look a little sad. Got a few bent branches and tops during transport aswel. It's just disappointing. I'm sure they'll be fine but they just look a bit riper after this chaos.
there back in the usual set up today thank god

Top Bottom