Slugs And Snails Protection

• Thread starter PlumberSoCal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Through the years the main problem I've experienced in growing our favorite plant is getting seedlings to established plants due to slugs and snails. I've lost far too many seedlings to those bastards. Here's a few ideas to help you get to the end product

Copper works wonders to keep those bastards away.

Slugs and snails protection
Slugs and snails protection 2
Slugs and snails protection 3
NHWhites

NHWhites

I also use crushed egg shells around my plants. It serves as a “razor wire” barrier as well as an organic amendment

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

An electric field works. Everything else is bs sorry. I have a super old post with build instructions for cheap protection. I feel your pain and spend a bunch of time finding the true solution. I did controlled tests years ago

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Almost 1 am on the west coast and sm glad I was awake. I pulled t
hree snails and seve
20190324 004933
20190324 004933
20190324 004933
20190324 004933
ral slugs. I have no idea how that frickin' snail got past my defences.
An electric field works. Everything else is bs sorry. I have a super old post with build instructions for cheap protection. I feel your pain and spend a bunch of time finding the true solution. I did controlled tests years ago

I thought about two bare wires hooked to a 9V but I have way too many plants. The copper wire has keep my plants protected until last night when a snail came up the side of the pot and was able to reach a leaf. The bitch is taking a dirt nap.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Garden Safe Slug & Snail bait. AWESOME!

Besides our favorite plant I've got 30+ tomatoes (shooting for 100+ this year), a row of brussel sprouts, row of spinach and about a dozen different herbs. Cucumbers, gourds, squash, and pumpkins will be started this and next month. I cannot protect each and every plant manually. This stuff rocks.

20190417 155245
Top Bottom