Small reservoir, high reservoir temp, Still successful!

• Thread starter ninjadip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ninjadip

ninjadip

I was given a fake aerogarden setup when I got married. I decided this would be the doorway to seeing if I wanted to grow or not. I think I faced every problem there was from deficiencies, root rot, algae, whatever. In the end it was very successful and those plants were transferred to 5 gallon dwc buckets in a tent for flowering.

The reservoir is 3L at full, and 2L on ideal fill point. It can hold 12 1" nets. The net is only big enough for rockwool, no grow rocks. I wonder if perlite would be better than rockwool, as it is small enough. I have some material over the rockwool to prevent algae.
It has a small water pump that is on a cycle, idk what it is, that I have pointed at a 45 degree angle upwards so that the pump sucks water from the bottom and at a corner and pushes it up and at another corner creating enough of a cycling effect for the whole reservoir, and enough to oxygenate the water without any air stones. This was not its original position. When I did have an air stone I couldn't keep up with the bacteria. Now, my ph is very stable, even at 80 degree water!

I want to make this diary to show my 4 clones from a previous unknown strain grow, and 3 Black Domina from seeds. The 3 from seeds started later than the clones. One seedling is behind the other two, it almost didn't make it, but i believe is coming around now.

I use the General Hydroponics Nova line, zero ppm water source, and then ppm the solution to 400-500 right now, and flush every week to two weeks. I just fimmed the plants to get them ready for scrogging in the future, and to keep the height down until I am ready. I am sure I will be topping here in a week or two as well. Any advice on training techniques would be welcomed.

I use the smallest amount of Southern AG Fungicide at the start of a cycle after cleaning the tank from the last run, but usually never again even with water changes.
Small reservoir high reservoir temp still successful

Small reservoir high reservoir temp still successful 2

Small reservoir high reservoir temp still successful 3

Small reservoir high reservoir temp still successful 5
Small reservoir high reservoir temp still successful 7
Small reservoir high reservoir temp still successful 8
Small reservoir high reservoir temp still successful 6

Small reservoir high reservoir temp still successful 4

ninjadip

ninjadip

Water near 80 but pH stable, no smell, plants look healthy. Raised main light.

20220804 175530 COLLAGE
ninjadip

ninjadip

Decided to give away all 4 clones and focus on new strain. The clones were getting too big as it is.
Here are some pics.
If you are wondering about the net container being entangled in roots, I cut the net in two to get the roots out safely and then throw away the net, they cost like 10¢. And probably don't need them for clones.
Look how fresh those roots are!!!
This is a 2l reservoir, feeding 7 plants, no air stone, and no hydrogen peroxide!!

PXL 20220805 215001256
PXL 20220805 204344988
ninjadip

ninjadip

Removed supplemental light, gifted away, I struggle trying to be a minimalist, plan is that removing the light will slow their growth to allow my one "large" tent enough time to finish it's flowering phase.

I usually have to add 20 oz. of water every day or two, the zero ppm water naturally brings the pH down from usually 6.15 to 5.8

I moved one plant around and looks like the one in the front is going to make it.

Scheduling changes weekly now and not adding any nutes between changes. Last ppm of change was at 500 or so ppm using only GH Nova Grow and some pH up. Trying to slow their growth but keep healthy.

Water smells fine, good light brown, transparent look.

PXL 20220811 212202780

Latest posts

Top Bottom