Storm Damage

• Thread starter MotownBrowns
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MotownBrowns

MotownBrowns

Had a storm blow through and do some damage to one of my two plants. I didn't have it supported, just sitting in the 7 gallon bag I grew it in. My two main bottom branches collapsed from the main stem, and the whole upper half seems to have twisted. Oddly enough, it seems to be maintaining the twist. Even though I didn't actually lose any branches, I am really concerned the bottom.

I propped up the two bottom branches back to where they were before on a supports I made out of bent wire. There were no cracks or tears at the joint, it appears to just have collapsed under weight and bent like a knuckle.

These two plants are my first grow, so I am not sure just how severe this damage is.

Will these damages heal in time? Should I just let the branches hang?

I topped and fimmed them a while back and I think there was too much weight and not enough strength to support all the new growth. Any insight if you've been through something similar would be appreciated.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Had a storm blow through and do some damage to one of my two plants. I didn't have it supported, just sitting in the 7 gallon bag I grew it in. My two main bottom branches collapsed from the main stem, and the whole upper half seems to have twisted. Oddly enough, it seems to be maintaining the twist. Even though I didn't actually lose any branches, I am really concerned the bottom.

I propped up the two bottom branches back to where they were before on a supports I made out of bent wire. There were no cracks or tears at the joint, it appears to just have collapsed under weight and bent like a knuckle.

These two plants are my first grow, so I am not sure just how severe this damage is.

Will these damages heal in time? Should I just let the branches hang?

I topped and fimmed them a while back and I think there was too much weight and not enough strength to support all the new growth. Any insight if you've been through something similar would be appreciated.
you’ll probably have bigger fatter buds on those branches.

kinda like super cropping..

Top Bottom