Stunted growth during veg, harvest projections?

• Thread starter mannimal420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bunkerking

bunkerking

Your plants could be drooping like that because of too much light, incorrect pH, or too much watering. Your light manufacturer should have some info about hang height. If that's Coco, you should only be watering when the pot is light and easy to pick up to give the roots time to oxygenate. If your light height and watering is on point your leaves will be level with the ground or even pointing up (praying) towards the light.
Until you get that plant happy you can expect a small harvest.

I also agree with @Seraphine - yes it may work for you. But for 99.9% of coco growers that have problems, its from not watering daily.

TBH if you cant water your coco plants 1-3x daily without issues, you are doing something wrong.
The coco needing to dry for oxygen for the roots theory isnt true at all. Unless its organic, and thats the 0.1% of the other growers.

Hedimitrius

Hedimitrius

I also agree with @Seraphine - yes it may work for you. But for 99.9% of coco growers that have problems, its from not watering daily.

TBH if you cant water your coco plants 1-3x daily without issues, you are doing something wrong.
The coco needing to dry for oxygen for the roots theory isnt true at all. Unless its organic, and thats the 0.1% of the other growers.
I'm not saying to let it dry completely. Maybe it's the fox farms I use, but that shit is dense and retains water for a long time. If I didn't let it sit until the pot lightened up I drooped. I saw more growth when I slowed watering down to once per day. Again, could just be the pre mix coco I use because it compacts quite a bit over the life of the plant.

mannimal420

mannimal420

Hey boss - havent seen any updates recently. How are things coming?

Hope all is well 🤞
I just watered yesterday, the soil was much drier and the lights being too close also played a role in the problem.

The leaves perked up quite a bit since my last post. Right now more buds are forming and spread out the canopy some.

We’ll see what happens. I’m about start planning my second grow and will post a new thread.

AFBA39E2 09C3 4CC5 847F A7B9AA19609D
HiDaze

HiDaze

I just watered yesterday, the soil was much drier and the lights being too close also played a role in the problem.

The leaves perked up quite a bit since my last post. Right now more buds are forming and spread out the canopy some.

We’ll see what happens. I’m about start planning my second grow and will post a new thread.
Ah man! That's looking way better! Happy to see things are working out.

mannimal420

mannimal420

Thanks dudes!
Sorry I’ve a bit distracted, which is another reason I chose soil. Because I can’t baby them like coco.

anyways here’s my next update. It’s been about 2 weeks this post and they’re looking pretty good.

it got cold and dry so keeping humidity up was difficult, and dried the soil out quicker. So she got a little sad and droopy and then I watered it and she was fine.

maybe 3 weeks left of flower... that’s my hopes anyways. But I’d live with longer lol.

461FBFAE 7FC6 4831 B41B 3497D58D5620
D6963B30 D030 4B77 B39F B59C3B905365
029DA21C 8616 4998 995A 3AB2BEB4D4CA
Reactions: Ina
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks dudes!
Sorry I’ve a bit distracted, which is another reason I chose soil. Because I can’t baby them like coco.

anyways here’s my next update. It’s been about 2 weeks this post and they’re looking pretty good.

it got cold and dry so keeping humidity up was difficult, and dried the soil out quicker. So she got a little sad and droopy and then I watered it and she was fine.

maybe 3 weeks left of flower... that’s my hopes anyways. But I’d live with longer lol.
Good save! (longer than 3 weeks left though) read your whole thread, agree with your assessment that the light was too close and you were over-watering, glad you worked it out!

mannimal420

mannimal420

Good save! (longer than 3 weeks left though) read your whole thread, agree with your assessment that the light was too close and you were over-watering, glad you worked it out!
Longer than 3 weeks is good news for me. Means bigger nugs.

mannimal420

mannimal420

Two weeks later from last post and they’re flowering well, not sure how long left till harvest. What’s the best way to tell? I read about 60% cloudy trichomes is what you’re looking for.
I got a ph meter/moisture meter (Amazon cheapo)
But all in all for such tiny plants (indica) from stunting them I think they’re producing well. I’ll probably stick to soil and add some perlite. Maybe start off in a smaller planter as well, then transplant.

I did find some spider miter in some of my other plants I need to get rid of before my next grow....

A3510ED2 DBCE 4FF0 9C15 A36B175E82AF
99A2D962 15EB 4AC5 9E37 3FF607B898BF
E4759AA1 0986 4E50 89D1 70486AC4B78E
HiDaze

HiDaze

Let me know how your perlite mix goes. Switched my soil up for the first time in 13 years.

Vermi Fire this time around. Curious to see how she does. In addition, added Dynomyco for a microbial kick.

Best of luck to you 👌

mannimal420

mannimal420

Let me know how your perlite mix goes. Switched my soil up for the first time in 13 years.

Vermi Fire this time around. Curious to see how she does. In addition, added Dynomyco for a microbial kick.

Best of luck to you 👌
I would like to try some root developer and a micro additive. The root enhancer since I am doing autos

HiDaze

HiDaze

I would like to try some root developer and a micro additive. The root enhancer since I am doing autos

I'll let you know how Dynomyco performs. Usually use Great White Mycorrhizae.

Between the two Dyno has an expiration date. That's a no no to my understanding of myco additives. GW can be stored indefinitely if sealed correctly. The product wont activate until the roots, water and granules make contact. Meaning the product hasn't "activated". Once they wake up the mycos have a life plan.

Expiration means something is already alive / dying. I don't know. Maybe I am superstitious. GW has always performed well for me.

Aka without even testing Dyno... go for GW 🤣

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Two weeks later from last post and they’re flowering well, not sure how long left till harvest. What’s the best way to tell? I read about 60% cloudy trichomes is what you’re looking for.
I got a ph meter/moisture meter (Amazon cheapo)
But all in all for such tiny plants (indica) from stunting them I think they’re producing well. I’ll probably stick to soil and add some perlite. Maybe start off in a smaller planter as well, then transplant.

I did find some spider miter in some of my other plants I need to get rid of before my next grow....
Glad to see they're looking better, Nice save! Not 60% cloudy tricks, 100 percent, and then you'll have to decide how many percent Amber you want, if any? Didn't read any of this thread but in your 1st pictures on the other page those plants were over watered; add 25 - 30% perlite to your ffof soil and search out how to water using a proper wet/dry cycle for best results, good luck!

mannimal420

mannimal420

Glad to see they're looking better, Nice save! Not 60% cloudy tricks, 100 percent, and then you'll have to decide how many percent Amber you want, if any? Didn't read any of this thread but in your 1st pictures on the other page those plants were over watered; add 25 - 30% perlite to your ffof soil and search out how to water using a proper wet/dry cycle for best results, good luck!
I agree some perlite will help, and as for harvest this will be a learning experience since it is the first time.

Dan789

Dan789

Thanks dudes!

One thing I see s that you’ve got a huge bag your growing in. I don’t agree with popping a plant into it’s final bag for bloom from the start, as I’ve found that not to work for some of the same problems you’ve been experiencing. I move from germination trays, to solo cups, 1 gallon bag...and so on. the plant is much harder to over/under water and the growth seems more linear...imho.

mannimal420

mannimal420

One thing I see s that you’ve got a huge bag your growing in. I don’t agree with popping a plant into it’s final bag for bloom from the start, as I’ve found that not to work for some of the same problems you’ve been experiencing. I move from germination trays, to solo cups, 1 gallon bag...and so on. the plant is much harder to over/under water and the growth seems more linear...imho.
I did mention that as well, but I’m not going to change too much right away. Just add some perlite for more drainage and aeration. Probably not try to spread my light over 4 plants like I did originally. Then we’ll see how the next grow goes.

mannimal420

mannimal420

Here are my trichomes. It looks like it still has some time to go.

9888A289 83F9 44AF 9DFE 6A68B175CB97
Top Bottom