Stunted growth

• Thread starter RTK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RTK

So my last grow I had a plant that I started way behind the rest. I thought I would get done with the separate veg box I’m building, but I ended up being to busy to complete it in time. Once I harvested the others I nursed it back to health, it was really root bound as I still had it in a solo cup, and it didn’t get much light, so I transplanted to a 3 gallon and put it in my cabinet, it has perked up and looks really healthy but it’s not getting any bigger and it was already passed 3 weeks, and showing it’s sex. Should I just switch it to flower? Or should I give it some extra veg time? The thing is I would love to grow it because the nodes are soooo tight, and the are so many bud sites! It is so small right now I don’t think I could clone it. All advice is greatly appreciated!

Stunted growth
W

Wannaganja

My opinion would be throw in back in veg , move the light up, and see if she will stretch out a bit then slowly throw it back into flower ex. 18 /6 for 2 days 16/8 for 2 days 14/10 for 2 days then on the 7th day put in on 12/12 in ny opinion that would be the least stressful and also would imitate a slow change same as a natural enviorment.

Reactions: RTK
R

RTK

My opinion would be throw in back in veg , move the light up, and see if she will stretch out a bit then slowly throw it back into flower ex. 18 /6 for 2 days 16/8 for 2 days 14/10 for 2 days then on the 7th day put in on 12/12 in ny opinion that would be the least stressful and also would imitate a slow change same as a natural enviorment.
Awesome I’ll give it a try, I have it at 18/6 now so hopefully it will get some extra growth, fingers crossed!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
If it isn't an auto strain, putting it back into veg is going to take a few weeks and will slow you down even more. I would allow this to continue to flower unless you have other plants in veg mode. I would start new plants if it's only a month old and let them grow normally. Of course, I HATE to throw out anything, so it's your call/decision. I have seen some growers get quite a bit of yield from 1 month old vegged plants.

Judaz

Judaz

This plant has the tell tell signs of a possible dud mutation. Look at the way the main cola is nodding up so tight and the way the flowers are forming. Please post side pics of branches. If so you would be the 5th person today diagnosed with the dud problem. I hope it’s not man. Praying for you. What strain and where is it in the flowering Cycle, what day?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This plant has the tell tell signs of a possible dud mutation. Look at the way the main cola is nodding up so tight and the way the flowers are forming. Please post side pics of branches. If so you would be the 5th person today diagnosed with the dud problem. I hope it’s not man. Praying for you. What strain and where is it in the flowering Cycle, what day?
Just gonna say it. I think your diagnosing everything with this as far as I can see.

Judaz

Judaz

Just gonna say it. I think your diagnosing everything with this as far as I can see.

It seems to be the root of most problems these days. Having that opens up the door to nute locks, bugs and all sorts of problems. But the underlying cause is most likely the viroid that has mutated the plant that now has a weakened immune system making it susceptible to all the secondary issues you guys are seeing. I just diagnosed a bud worm problem that everyone was pointing and saying it was mold. Nobody knows anything these days but to blame it all on nutes and mold and over watering.
They are usually the secondary effects of a weak plant. But you must look for the source and all those plants had the tell tell signs of mutations and irregular branching patterns. If that was not present them yes we can say it a a nute, over watering etc problem.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It seems to be the root of most problems these days. Having that opens up the door to nute locks, bugs and all sorts of problems. But the underlying cause is most likely the viroid that has mutated the plant that now has a weakened immune system making it susceptible to all the secondary issues you guys are seeing
Well I think you read something somewhere and now think everytime a symptom that fits the bill you are diagnosing as such. Symptoms can be many things. This almost like the hypochondriac on Google searching a symptom and claim they have a certain disease. Now I'm not saying this is not a thing but I think you have your blinders on here.

Top Bottom