Why are my weed leaves tacoing?​

Need some help guys...
  • Strain: Dosi (icmag cut)
  • Temps: 75-76
  • RH: Was 56-60% but last three days raised it to 61-65%
  • Feed: 500ppm (1.0 EC)
  • Lights: Gavita 600W
  • Media: Canna coco (red cups)
Had these cuts in red cups for two weeks. Recently, the tops of almost all the plants are taco-ing/ canoeing l and I’m unsure why. I gradually placed them under 600w Gavitas over a span in the first week. The conditions have been very consistent. It’s def not too hot in the room, there’s air movement but not to the point to cause stress. I have scoped these plants 10x with a 500x microscope and there’s no sign of any pests, whatsoever. They get fed once a day with 500ppm. I’ve never got locked out with cuts but I’m thinking it could possibly be the initial stages of lockout? The plants are growing and getting a lot bigger root mass so I’m just a little confused at this point. I attached some pics, please let me know what you guys think, thank you in advance!

Tacoing Canoeing Upper Weed Leaves #1
Tacoing Canoeing Upper Weed Leaves #2
Tacoing Canoeing Upper Weed Leaves #3

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hantastic

is that powdery mildew on the leaves?, you probably need to up-pot and get the light higher up..

Reactions: Ina
blazeone44

blazeone44

PH has been constant at 5.8. They aren’t root bound for sure and the plants are shooting new fuzzy white roots on all plants

P

PharmHand

What sulfur did u use and what did u mix it at? Too much salts(of any kind)on the leaves will literally pull moisture out of your leaves- osmosis . It’s too dry even at 60. Dim the lights and get your humidity up for a week they’ll thank you. They will adapt eventually but you’ll get more curling and leaf edge burn next before that happens( wasted time)

blazeone44

blazeone44

What sulfur did u use and what did u mix it at? Too much salts(of any kind)on the leaves will literally pull moisture out of your leaves- osmosis . It’s too dry even at 60. Dim the lights and get your humidity up for a week they’ll thank you. They will adapt eventually but you’ll get more curling and leaf edge burn next before that happens( wasted time)
Hi yield @ 4 table spoons a gallon

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I never Rinse off my sulfur but that's just me, I've been using it for years without any negative side effects

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Root zone is shooting big fuzzy white roots and plants are definitely stretching.
so why the sulfur,co2 maybe?you def got to get that issue tweeked in or your done if you dig,reason i asked about the root zone,was i run coco before never again to much work on a lazy man hahaah,but even with a really good rinse of the coco,soon as i flipped i was shop vacing my runoff out and found larvea ,just one about 1/4 in long,freaked out big time,so pulled the plant from room,took outside and managed to get it out of pot,the bottom of that pot was full of them damn things,just that one plant,creepy looking thing,wasnt knats or anything else i ever came across,so plant died right then and went to the city recycle bend hahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

so why the sulfur,co2 maybe?you def got to get that issue tweeked in or your done if you dig,reason i asked about the root zone,was i run coco before never again to much work on a lazy man hahaah,but even with a really good rinse of the coco,soon as i flipped i was shop vacing my runoff out and found larvea ,just one about 1/4 in long,freaked out big time,so pulled the plant from room,took outside and managed to get it out of pot,the bottom of that pot was full of them damn things,just that one plant,creepy looking thing,wasnt knats or anything else i ever came across,so plant died right then and went to the city recycle bend hahah
disregaurd the sulfur question just read down page,never heard of it the way you are using it,ive heard of burners and i do on ocassion use sulfur for a top dress on my outside garden maybe once during season for greening them up

blazeone44

blazeone44

Raised humidity to 66-70% let’s see how they do after a few days

the rrock

the rrock

seen a few diff friends plants with same "tacoing" same as yours,but never did find out what happened. This was outdoors with maybe one in twenty five plants doing this. They had no clue as otherwise plants are big and healthy(even the taco plants)

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Looks like toxicity to me, especially with that feeding schedule, it's some strong stuff and I have used a 1/3 of the recommended dosage of it before with decent results on larger plants.

blazeone44

blazeone44

Looks like toxicity to me, especially with that feeding schedule, it's some strong stuff and I have used a 1/3 of the recommended dosage of it before with decent results on larger plants.
Do you think It would hurt to spray off the residual sulfur with ph water?

Latest posts

Top Bottom