The usual flowering problems ,new leaves drooping and yellowing from the outside

• Thread starter Haydar1984
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Haydar1984

Haydar1984

Hi growers , I have this super lemon haze 3 weeks in flowering , the new leaves are clawing/drooping and the outside of the leaves is yellowing lower leaves are normal and healthy , its planted in 5 gallons pot in a mixture of garden dirt/compost/perlite , I'm feeding now with sea weed fert and , humic acid and 6-9-18 fertilizer mixed in RO water , temp is around 26°C and pH is between 6 and 7 according to strips, 400w MH and HPS lights around 30 inches away, what could be wrong?
The usual flowering problems new leaves drooping and yellowing from the outside
The usual flowering problems new leaves drooping and yellowing from the outside 2
The usual flowering problems new leaves drooping and yellowing from the outside 3

Dutchess

Dutchess

It looks maybe Overwatered or nutrient burned. Also you need to throw your pH strips out and invest in a pen. I’m pretty partial to blue lab brand and have been using a meter from them for the last 13 years but just read reviews and make sure it does pH and PPM. The pH you water with should be almost
The exact same every time, for soil I like it at 6.2-6.4 also ph your run off water.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ph+pen&ref=nb_sb_noss

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Hi growers , I have this super lemon haze 3 weeks in flowering , the new leaves are clawing/drooping and the outside of the leaves is yellowing lower leaves are normal and healthy , its planted in 5 gallons pot in a mixture of garden dirt/compost/perlite , I'm feeding now with sea weed fert and , humic acid and 6-9-18 fertilizer mixed in RO water , temp is around 26°C and pH is between 6 and 7 according to strips, 400w MH and HPS lights around 30 inches away, what could be wrong?
View attachment 1033490View attachment 1033491View attachment 1033492
Don't buy a pen...get the extech ph100.....this allows you to ph liquids and soil...sativas hate hunic acids from what ive read. Can be very sensitive to them! OG plants dont like humics either. That may not be the case here...this could be a calcium issue...but im going to stand back and see what the big bosses say....i say cal cuz top of plant has issues. Where the yellowing is happening is where cal is stored...im still learning some things myself...peace

Haydar1984

Haydar1984

It looks maybe Overwatered or nutrient burned. Also you need to throw your pH strips out and invest in a pen. I’m pretty partial to blue lab brand and have been using a meter from them for the last 13 years but just read reviews and make sure it does pH and PPM. The pH you water with should be almost
The exact same every time, for soil I like it at 6.2-6.4 also ph your run off water.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ph+pen&ref=nb_sb_noss
Yes I think it's nutrient burn mostly excess N I guess , new small leaves near the buds are good now since I stopped giving nutrients for almost 2 weeks , today I watered with light dose of organic fertilizer and humic acid and started using tap water instead of RO to supply minerals etc.
I don't grow all the time , actually this is my second grow ever and each grow is a single plant 😅 so investing in a new pH pen would useless for me , I already had one but left it for several months the bulb dried and now it's useless

Haydar1984

Haydar1984

Don't buy a pen...get the extech ph100.....this allows you to ph liquids and soil...sativas hate hunic acids from what ive read. Can be very sensitive to them! OG plants dont like humics either. That may not be the case here...this could be a calcium issue...but im going to stand back and see what the big bosses say....i say cal cuz top of plant has issues. Where the yellowing is happening is where cal is stored...im still learning some things myself...peace
I thought that too but Calcium is abundant in soil and in my tap water , I think it was a nutrient burn especially N since my compost is chicken manure based which is known for very high N content

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Makes sense with the clawing of the leaves. I just dont see the deep dark green color normally associated with high N..it could be cause its more sativa dom by the looks of the leaves..

Haydar1984

Haydar1984

Makes sense with the clawing of the leaves. I just dont see the deep dark green color normally associated with high N..it could be cause its more sativa dom by the looks of the leaves..
It's almost pure sativa , I have never smoked indica before, is it worth it?? Some of the leaves are really really green maybe it's not showing in the pictures , the new good leaves are way lighter than the burnt old ones

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

It's almost pure sativa , I have never smoked indica before, is it worth it?? Some of the leaves are really really green maybe it's not showing in the pictures , the new good leaves are way lighter than the burnt old ones
Arent sats natutally a lighter green? I love sats for daytime aslong as theyre not trippy. Night time gotta have indicas. Unless its going to be a long night!

Top Bottom