To harvest or not..

• Thread starter SparcOne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SparcOne

SparcOne

My banana split is looking ready to harvest at 6.5 weeks judging on the pistils looking over mature, Trichomes are only around 5% amber so not 100% sure if I should chop her. My girls got stressed this week due to really high humidity here in Costa Rica. Some are also showing signs of a phosphorus deficiency after the humid/heat stress. I’m tossing up whether to cut the whole thing or maybe just the crown and let the undergrowth mature a little more. What do you guys think? To look at without a scope it looks past ready and actually not as shiny crystals due to the stress. TIA

To harvest or not
To harvest or not 2
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
At first I was going to recommend letting it go for at least another week, but I noticed something that might tell me it's ready now. Besides the Trichome method, I look at the buds themselves, specifically the growing ends. When mine are ready, the buds tend to get pointed at the very tips, with single bladed leaves growing. I'll sometimes see a small green nubb growing out of the bud's end. This is the main sign that I use, but it's a sativa and flowers for a long time... not all strains will get the pointy buds. If the buds keep filling out, then I would let them go for a while... it's kind of hard to tell with certainty by looking at the pictures.

Latest posts

Top Bottom