Top then fim

• Thread starter Purplehazegazer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Purplehazegazer

Purplehazegazer

Good morning all newbie here was wondering if it is wise to try topping first and then try to fim the next time to get the wider canopy

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I usually top to get more branches & less height then fim to make branch tops bushy. You can do it either way really, just depends how you want your plant to grow.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Wize to try many techniques so we can get the most out of out own set ups and spaces. Every grow and room is different.

LST, HST, Topping, FIM, Stake and tie,

All can be helpful to maximixe flowers at the canopy.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This was never topped. Grown straight up in veg and bent and tied down about day 10 in 12/12. Then just arranged the branches as they stretched up to become tops.

Leaves stripped for harvest already but you can see the bend and main top.

391C09ED EAD4 41A3 94AC CBB99BB61FC0

And the wire to brace the base and hold down the main stem are visible at the bottom.

Purplehazegazer

Purplehazegazer

Hey you guys are awesome thanks for all the info cant wait to try the bending looks crazy you could pull it off but the results are fn amazing

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hey you guys are awesome thanks for all the info cant wait to try the bending looks crazy you could pull it off but the results are fn amazing

Works better with stretchy branchy sativa leaning hybrids. For squat indicas longer veg with topping multiple times may work better. Trial and error.

Madbud

Madbud

If its an outdoor grow, resist the urge. If its indoor, go for it. Outdoor plants need all their strength for wind and rain, she can do just fine on her own.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

If its an outdoor grow, resist the urge. If its indoor, go for it. Outdoor plants need all their strength for wind and rain, she can do just fine on her own.
How tall would a typical Indica plant grow outdoors if you were able to grow from May to early October or later? I think I will grow one outside and 4 inside. I have two Obama Kush and was thinking about planting one outside. It would be like 10 weeks old from 1st popping at transplant. Is that even advisable? Im sure I would have to harden it off a bit. I guess I would have to make sure the daylight hours are long enough? Damn now that I think about it lol any advice???

Madbud

Madbud

Six feet (2 meters) or more if you let it. I have a seven foot fence and have to bend some over to keep them below the top, which isnt a bad thing, they fill right in sideways.

Latest posts

Top Bottom