Under current from start to finish

• Thread starter rennie37
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rennie37

hi you all ive been pm alot of you all about the under current system, i thought i can just make a thread and get some answers, i have about the under current is if starting from a seed in rockwool cubes, how long should the roots be before putting it into the net pots with larva rocks then into the u/c? or what should i do to stimilate the roots so they can grow bigger in the undercurrent? do i just leave it once it has roots put it into the pot with rocks, and let the nutes and water do its stuff?if so how far should i put the rockwool in the pots, i would like a step by step help, it would greatly be appreciated

UClover

UClover

I have used RW cuttings several times in the UC, when you see roots coming out of the bottom of the cube they are ready. I put about an inch of rocks at the bottom of the net pot then the RW cutting, fill the rest with rocks. Adjust the water level of the system to just below the RW, you may have to hand water for the first couple days but once the roots hit the water...blast off!

B

Bobby Smith

Bro, I don't even run a UC and I could give you a step by step tutorial and answer all of your questions simply from threads that I've looked over.

You must be actively trying to avoid UC threads if you can't find out the answers to these questions - fuck, I saw one earlier today explicitly asking about putting rockwool into a UC.

Or, check out the SCCC thread, which answers all of your questions 27 different times.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but people like to help people who've at least shown a touch of initiative in doing their own research.

M

Mr.Detroit

UClover just gave you the rundown... the minute you see a taproot come out the bottom throw it in there and hand water the first night or 2... lay down hydroton until the bottom of the pot is covered and plant your rw on top of that then bury it. Set your water level so the water is at the same level as the bottom of the netpot and roll it... after you get some roots drop it to about 2" below the netpot. Thats step by step and I don't even have my uc yet... go read about deep water culture because thats all the undercurrent is.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I hand watered mine 3x daily for the first 3 days in the UC and now theres roots everywhere

but yeah bro - do some reading of the UC threads - Im a UC newb but feel pretty comfortable with because of all the good info here

Latest posts

Top Bottom