Using coco coir and this happened

• Thread starter Nctocotook
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nctocotook

Nctocotook

Used coco bricks for the first time. Use to using 70/30 coco perlite. Moved to a new state and my clones are started to canoe after 3 days in coco coir. Clones that arent effected are going great. The other ones dont seem to be getting worse. I have a cheap soil moisture meter. Ones that looked good hang out at the 6 range on my meter. The ones that have canoed are showing dry on my meter. Food was 850 ppm and ph was 5.8.

Using coco coir and this happened
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The ones doing great I'm gonna guess are the outside furthest from the light.

Back it waaaay off and what make/model is it and the height/intensity?

Tenp and humidity?

Coco is not soil... <------ remember that.

Read here. And get em up off the floor. No fans on them directly at this stage.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/how-to-water-coco-for-best-results.122334/

Once a day should be enough at this point but you need to saturate that coco fully with a nutrient solution of around 400ppm for now with a ph of 5.5-5.8

Humidity 65%ish unt they settle in from the transplant and recover from the light stress also. 4-5 days.

Nctocotook

Nctocotook

The ones that are canoeing are under a bat wing at like 50%. Temp is usually anywhere from 80 to 84. Humidity usually hangs at like 60%. I rehydrated the coco coirs in 850 ppm. The ones that look the best are under an led growchoice 650w at like 50 percent. I would say they are over 6 from the tallest plant

Nctocotook

Nctocotook

Also transplanted some into coco perlite 70/30 mix the same time and thats when all hell broke loose

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The ones that are canoeing are under a bat wing at like 50%. Temp is usually anywhere from 80 to 84. Humidity usually hangs at like 60%. I rehydrated the coco coirs in 850 ppm. The ones that look the best are under an led growchoice 650w at like 50 percent. I would say they are over 6 from the tallest plant
Batwing I take it is HID? Hkw close because that could very well be heat damage. Usually light and heat stress kinda go together.

Under LED 80-84 is about the upper limits unless using co2 but under HID to hot. Shoot for around 78 and I think they will all be happy.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok so thise are the best case issues now I'll give yavthe worst case.....

Russet mites and they don't spin web and are tiny as fuck and you will need atleast a 100x scope to see em if your anything like me.

Nctocotook

Nctocotook

The few that were transplanted into the 70/30 mix were feed the day of transfer. 3 days later they leaves started canoeing just like the coco coir bricks started doing as well. The coco coirs did not shrivel as much as the 70/30 blend ones did as seen in that short video

Nctocotook

Nctocotook

Russet mites and they don't spin web and are tiny as fuck and you will need atleast a 100x scope to see em if your anything like me.
Thats what i have been told by several people. But heres a kicker. I have a tray of clones that werent transplanted that have 0 curls. Same area. Same batch as these clones.

Nctocotook

Nctocotook

I have 2 separate grows ran by 2 different people that got clones from the same guy and this has happened twice now.

romulangenetics

romulangenetics

2nd Generation
Supporter
Maybe your coco wasnt buffered, and your plants that went into it got a little hot nutrient wise.. it can cause this same curling issue, which also looks like heat and light problems at the same time.

Next time, buffer the coco cubes before any use. Thats my guess.. but its early here and I might be wrong.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

A 60x scope is even better to have a panoramic view , and then you can just zoom to 120 to be sure....
The scope is like 20 bucks i would get it just to take the mite problem off the list , plus its a useful tool....

The fact that the curling is very localized in some areas makes me think that is a mite problem ....but...i could b wrong....scope it!
Good luck! ☮️

Nctocotook

Nctocotook

Used char coir bio pot that is supposed to be buffered already. Im running back and forth between trying to keep up without a feeding system untill my rooms are built out.

Top Bottom