Veteran weed grower new to the site

• Thread starter dirtyoldman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

I wasn't getting what I wanted from some other weed sites so I registered here. I'm always on the hunt for more seed stock and I like hearing testimonials about strains and their origins. What are you growing and what is the origin? I'm nearly a senior and do small indoor grows. I have a great deal of gardening experience. I've polished my indoor weed growing skills to the point that I grow very potent weed with success and have been doing so for over 10 years. I select strains with the only criteria being top THC potency. I grow medical marijuana and have sampled what the medical dispensary has to offer. My stuff seemed to be more potent than theirs. And they let their weed dry out too much. I got weed right from the dispensary that crumbled and it's not supposed to do that. The medical marijuana patients here get ripped off so bad and they don't even know they're getting served shit quality. I use Bovida packs and humidity meters. They don't. I'll break a bud of theirs open from the pre-packed jars they mass produce and then break open a bud of mine and in just the smell you can tell that mine is more potent. And the buzz from mine is stronger. They're making THC claims that I really don't think are authentic. Although I have a medical problem I don't want a marijuana card. Don't need one. Here's a couple pics from my most recent harvest. This is G-13 Haze from BC Seed King.

Veteran weed grower new to the site
Veteran weed grower new to the site 2
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Welcome to thcfarmer. I definitely noticed dispensary flower getting alot worse the last 5 years or so in cali. The extracts seem like they may have improved a bit IMO.

Dan789

Dan789

Welcome to the farm, that’s the reason a lot of the community grows their own, quality and knowing what went into the plants...

R

redshift75

They're making THC claims that I really don't think are authentic.
there is not the same correlation between thc potency and effect as say alcohol. Where if i gave you 1 liter of 5% abv vs 80% ABV effect. Then there is the entourage effect and such. Most your high THC stuff at medical dispensaries is not the best. people often overlook the better priced higher quality flower because it will say 16% vs 30%. 30% is great, but when its all dry and the terps are lost, etc how great is that 30% really end up.... when you buy flower at those places purely off THC you tend to miss out on some great profiles which seems to have the biggest correlation to effects. Which is where the misnomer on high thc and correlation to high or more profound effects seems to come in play. But its no different with food. my organic tomatoes are better than whole foods organic tomatoes. The flavor comes from the more complete profile in its nutrient makeup. I can harvest at peak ripeness for my own consumption. Partly because im willing to spend more than a commercial grower to deliver nutrients. Because ROI isnt the key principle to my operation. But lots of growers commercially probably spend more than i do on a nutrient profile. So that argument probably doesnt come into play for the majority of cannabis farmers vs food.

if you have ever been to a weed cup or an event where people bring their best gear. That is a prime example. People submit versions of their plant that never match what they have instock in terms of quality for the most part. Maybe its on the same level as frozen vegetables vs fresh. You can delay harvest and get more nutrients because no fear of over ripening when freezing vs having to be delivered and displayed. Maybe its a case of by the time they go through the hurdles and go through the commercial regulation you lose some of that profile. but to the weed cup point they will have these plants that tested out amazing and taste great. then you go there and get their same gear and its like "thats not what i smoked". I once had the stuff that was supposedly freshly delivered felt 3/4 as good as what i had sampled at an event. I think thats what separates commercial growers. The ones who keep that spark of greatness at the commercial scale level. Where its improbable to manage every plant on a personal level. Like for my vegetable gardens. I base my management off the worst plants not the best. Which even then its hard to find them all.

I often wonder how much red tape plays a role in the overall lack of quality in some states and places when discussing this topic. Cause you find people all over the spectrum on some of the topics i touched. Whether they think 30% means 2x as high as 16% and so on. I definitely find some great extracts. But i often compare that to my frozen vegetable point. Extracted at peak time for optimal production.

Latest posts

Top Bottom